Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

I have just celebrated my lowest weight in 5 years with a Burger and chips and two pints of Jack Black at the Foundry and a big Tex from the Shell garage on my wsy home.....

Try Jerry’s in Greenside, had massive burger with chips and onion rings on Saturday. Washed it down with a pint or 2. Highly recommended.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When i hit the 99.2 kg on the scale this week i promised myself a treat /cheat for Saturday . I went to the rugby club to watch  a Six Nations game at 4 and bought some biiltong and dry wors and had 4 Becks beers (Non alcoholic ) . On Sunday we had a feast of eisbine , mash and veg .. Monday morning i checked weight and had gained 1.2kg . That is only a 25 km hard training session today and its off again 

So I should be very happy with WHY I have to but I am now starting to get very irritated because it is expensive and an inconvenience if you only have a few hours spare (if that) on a weekend.

Please can someone give me some advice. I am dropping huge centimeters, which I am ecstatic about, however, now hardly any of my clothes fit me :eek: I bought a few white shirts for work 3 weeks ago and they are already too big for me. My work pants are also very baggy now, and having a look at what a tailor would need to do, I think it would distort the shape of them to try and have them altered.

I do work in a big corporate, so I am wary of 'image'. But what options do I have to basically replace a wardrobe? I feel like I am going to have to spend a couple grand :wacko:  

So I should be very happy with WHY I have to but I am now starting to get very irritated because it is expensive and an inconvenience if you only have a few hours spare (if that) on a weekend.

Please can someone give me some advice. I am dropping huge centimeters, which I am ecstatic about, however, now hardly any of my clothes fit me :eek: I bought a few white shirts for work 3 weeks ago and they are already too big for me. My work pants are also very baggy now, and having a look at what a tailor would need to do, I think it would distort the shape of them to try and have them altered.

I do work in a big corporate, so I am wary of 'image'. But what options do I have to basically replace a wardrobe? I feel like I am going to have to spend a couple grand :wacko:  

tailor. Honestly. They won't distort the lines, they'd enhance them way more than any standard off the peg item would be. 

You can't eat your cake and have it too. Buy new clothes, take them to the tailor or pack on the cm's again.  :thumbup:

Time to replace bro.

Those chinos with the three pleats...not a good look  :D

Time to replace bro.

Those chinos with the three pleats...not a good look  :D

You can't eat your cake and have it too. Buy new clothes, take them to the tailor or pack on the cm's again.  :thumbup:

Guess I should get with it then? :whistling:

Try Jerry’s in Greenside, had massive burger with chips and onion rings on Saturday. Washed it down with a pint or 2. Highly recommended.

Sorry to burst your celebratory bubble...but that's just a sure-fire way to keep the body hooked on sugars...which in turn keeps the craving going, keeps the fat storage going, increases lethargy, increases blood pressure, keeps the liver in over-drive, stores extra water.....keeps you being over-weight and struggling to live "cleaner"

ok ok....enough of the party pooper. sorry. as you were  :whistling: 

Sorry to burst your celebratory bubble...but that's just a sure-fire way to keep the body hooked on sugars...which in turn keeps the craving going, keeps the fat storage going, increases lethargy, increases blood pressure, keeps the liver in over-drive, stores extra water.....keeps you being over-weight and struggling to live "cleaner"

Soz I'll try harder and ride more, thanks for your contribution. 

+1

Dream on Oom JCZA, you will stay fat forever!

Edited by Escapee..

Soz I'll try harder and ride more, thanks for your contribution. 

Sorry bud, no harm or offense intended. Only my personal opinion.

Of course once one has attained "ideal" personal weight, I think there's nothing wrong with having a "treat" - but until then it would be sort of in principle akin to being the smoker having a celebratory puff....it will keep drawing you in.

But, the beauty of life is....YOU have free choice in what you do!

In that vein, live and let live, and choose your own life  :clap: 

Sorry bud, no harm or offense intended. Only my personal opinion.

Of course once one has attained "ideal" personal weight, I think there's nothing wrong with having a "treat" - but until then it would be sort of in principle akin to being the smoker having a celebratory puff....it will keep drawing you in.

But, the beauty of life is....YOU have free choice in what you do!

In that vein, live and let live, and choose your own life  :clap:

Jcza's original post was tounge in the cheek. He is one of the most healthiest, leanest fittest old toppies on the hub! Not at all sure what he is doing stalking on the fat thread on the hub! Dit kan seker vertaal word as 'Die DIK draad op die wielnaaf'

Went for a health check last night. They were kind enough to point out that I have 13kg of visceral fat putting pressure on my organs, in addition to all of the other fat that I have floating about. Luckily all the other readings (bp, cholesterol, glucose) were all really good. Spurred on my motivation though in the weight loss department

The good,the bad and the ugly. Damn you temptation island. It's hard when there are little monkeys in the house. But I won this round! Been a hard week so far. f314596b380127660f2948c0addb0f47.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk