Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

My months sucks this far.  I have only gained this month.  The new job is a desk job and my wife is still not getting portion control right.

I have not cycled in two weeks.  I did a 40 / 20 spinning class Sunday night and planned a session tonight.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My months sucks this far.  I have only gained this month.  The new job is a desk job and my wife is still not getting portion control right.

I have not cycled in two weeks.  I did a 40 / 20 spinning class Sunday night and planned a session tonight.

Why blame the wife for your portion control? If she's not getting it right, can you not do your own portion control? We as humans tend to blame others for our own failings. Take responsibility. You've identified a problem, now take steps to fix it. 

Why blame the wife for your portion control? If she's not getting it right, can you not do your own portion control? We as humans tend to blame others for our own failings. Take responsibility. You've identified a problem, now take steps to fix it. 

So leave the wife?  :)

No way... It is our 3rd wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Day 1 complete. No sweets no cooldrink and no bread.

Last night was difficult. My tastebuds screamed for an apricot and jam sandwich.

Blaming your wife for your weight gain is pathetic. You're a grown man. You choose what and how much you decide to eat. 

So leave the wife?  :)

No way... It is our 3rd wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Heartbreak has been known to be a powerful weight loss motivator...  :whistling:

But on a more serious note - take responsibility. I don't know how she is not getting your portion control right. If she dishes up for you - you don't have to eat everything on the plate or dish up for yourself.

On a side note: It really riles me up that you blame her for things such as your weight gain. I hope your marriage survives if this is your attitude after 3 years. 

unbelievable that this attitude is still around in the 21st century

There is one thing that I hate...  Portion control:  Making enough food for a family of 4 and then wasting about 70% by binning the food...

Some of the food can't be used as leftovers.  There is a piece of steak that I grilled Sunday.  That is still in the fridge and getting spoiled.  That is what I mean with portion control.  

I will rather not eat some of the food, but the waste going with it is a problem...

There is one thing that I hate...  Portion control:  Making enough food for a family of 4 and then wasting about 70% by binning the food...

Some of the food can't be used as leftovers.  There is a piece of steak that I grilled Sunday.  That is still in the fridge and getting spoiled.  That is what I mean with portion control.  

I will rather not eat some of the food, but the waste going with it is a problem...

what can't be used as leftovers? Everything can be eaten the next day or the next if you're not fussy. Cut up that steak into thin slices an use in a salad.

Since you grilled it... did you not at any point see it was too much food? Could you have not cut it in half before, and either kept it in the fridge to grill a day or two later, or put it in the freezer?

I often make a roast chicken and a big pot of something in the slow cooker on the weekend and that's most of my meals done for the week. Leftover steak? Fantastic to cut up and use with a lot of veg in a stir fry.

Buy a smaller steak. Eat more leftovers instead of binning them. Most things can be eaten 4-5 days after they have been cooked. If your wife does the shopping, go with her. Don't just sit there and blame her when she can't defend herself. 

Blaming your wife for your weight gain is pathetic. You're a grown man. You choose what and how much you decide to eat. 

I use my wife's cooking to assist in weight loss. My dog is also getting skraal as even he won't eat her cooking so no point in sneaking him something under the table...

We both, that is Ranger and I, go to bed hungry   :oops:  :oops:

WTF? Micro on 20% power for about a minute, or reheat it in the oven at a low heat, or just eat it cold. Use it in a stir fry, use it in a salad, add it to your eggs in the morning... Take it for lunch the next day. The options are endless. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Buy a smaller steak. Eat more leftovers instead of binning them. Most things can be eaten 4-5 days after they have been cooked. If your wife does the shopping, go with her. Don't just sit there and blame her when she can't defend herself. 

I still have tjops and chicken in the freezer that I braaied 3 months ago. When they come out, nom nom nom. 

I still have tjops and chicken in the freezer that I braaied 3 months ago. When they come out, nom nom nom. 

I made an fragrant curry lamb "potjie" in the slow cooker. Enough food for 8 people, froze half of it... come a cold day in winter - all the noms!

Since you grilled it... did you not at any point see it was too much food? Could you have not cut it in half before, and either kept it in the fridge to grill a day or two later, or put it in the freezer?

I often make a roast chicken and a big pot of something in the slow cooker on the weekend and that's most of my meals done for the week. Leftover steak? Fantastic to cut up and use with a lot of veg in a stir fry.

I tried eating a hot dog from Thursday yesterday...  That helped with the diet.  Shitting myself is a great way of losing weight as well.

What I put in my mouth is my problem.  I am not blaming my wife, just hate waste

I found some food we put in the freezer...   year ago.  What goes in there is forgotten and never revisited again most of the time.

I love leftovers.  I am a stingy flippen Jew after all...