Specialized dual suspension Stellenbosch

Nico Grobbelaar

Saw a suspicious child on a dual suspension specialized at Hellshoogte spar today. Security informed to look out for him. White blue and red 29er.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a suspicious child on a dual suspension specialized at Hellshoogte spar today. Security informed to look out for him. White blue and red 29er.

I do know that there is a Rasta looking bloke that regularly does XCO and other races around Stellies. He rides in the same cat as my son, which means he is 17/18 years old, so maybe the bike is sponsored. He is quite skinny. About 1.78m tall.

I do know that there is a Rasta looking bloke that regularly does XCO and other races around Stellies. He rides in the same cat as my son, which means he is 17/18 years old, so maybe the bike is sponsored. He is quite skinny. About 1.78m tall.

Crikey! Let me go shave my beard and cut my hair before going on my next ride. Heaven forbid someone does not fit the profile of a typical cyclist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I said it looked suspicious. He must be a very good rider then if he gets sponsored with such a bike.. Will follow up with specialized stellenbosch. Security only requisted to inform me when they see him.

I said it looked suspicious. He must be a very good rider then if he gets sponsored with such a bike.. Will follow up with specialized stellenbosch. Security only requisted to inform me when they see him.

Crikey! Let me go shave my beard and cut my hair before going on my next ride. Heaven forbid someone does not fit the profile of a typical cyclist.

The guy saw somebody riding a very expensive bike. By the look of his clothes and the company he was riding with, he considered it suspicious.

He then published it in the hope that if it is a stolen bike, the owner would have an advantage in recovering the bike. He just said what he saw, he never confronted the guy as that could turn out to be very embarassing should he be the legitimate owner.

THAT IS CALLED A GOOD DEED IN MY BOOK.

Your pathetic little effort at being controversial is quite sad.

The guy saw somebody riding a very expensive bike. By the look of his clothes and the company he was riding with, he considered it suspicious.

He then published it in the hope that if it is a stolen bike, the owner would have an advantage in recovering the bike. He just said what he saw, he never confronted the guy as that could turn out to be very embarassing should he be the legitimate owner.

THAT IS CALLED A GOOD DEED IN MY BOOK.

Your pathetic little effort at being controversial is quite sad.

Put yourself in the ‘suspicious’ guy’s cleats and then come and read this post. Would you feel good about life being judged on your appearance and by having seemingly little means and a bit of talent?

But you’re right Vettes, lets keep the country club exclusive and marginalize those who don’t fit the mold.

Put yourself in the ‘suspicious’ guy’s cleats and then come and read this post. Would you feel good about life being judged on your appearance and by having seemingly little means and a bit of talent?

But you’re right Vettes, lets keep the country club exclusive and marginalize those who don’t fit the mold.

Such a shame. Before this post I thought you were a pretty okay guy.

How many times have we seen stolen bikes recovered from people in exactly the same circumstances? From people being good people and reporting something out of the ordinary? While this circumstance may seem biased, no one is attacking the rider saying he shouldn't be riding, which would justify outrage, but simply stated that something wasn't normal, in the hope that if it wasn't, it could be fixed. Just like when you might let someone know their saddle is too low, cause it's not normal. Or their forks are mounted the wrong way around. Cause it's not normal. Or their helmet isn't tight enough to be safe. Cause it's not normal.

A kid on a dual sus spez, riding with other kids on makro bikes, in an area that is likely the hottest bike theft spot in the country is not normal. Doesn't mean it's wrong! Just not normal.

Don't be that guy. Be lekker.

How often do you see someone on a top-end dual suspension 29er mountain bike riding with two cyclists on "supermarket" bikes? I can't say I have.

It's a fair post, considering the high number of incidents in the area.