Cape Town bike storage

TiaanS29

Recently I moved to cape town CBD in a bachelors apartment. No space for storage of my bike.

Anyone from Cape Town which can advise where is the best place to store you bike with easy access to it?

Cant drill in to the walls to fit a bike rack to hang it from.

Also on yhe 8th floor so using the elevator and turn style doors at the exit will be an issue.

post-35907-0-89409200-1515319734_thumb.png

Check out the building, there has to be another way out.......lift is no issue, lift the bike in on its back wheel...I do it every day at work in a tiny lift...just have to be patient to wait for a free space....

Then there's always.......

post-35907-0-13707500-1515320202_thumb.png

Edited by capediver

I'm not sure of any storage areas with easy access within the CBD.  The best I can think of is perhaps check if your building (or buildings close by) has basement parking.  Maybe they can 'rent' you a corner where you can lock up your bike?

Alternatively try a pole bike rack.  No drilling necessary.  Just twist the pole to extend it until it is tight between floor and ceiling...  Nice way to show off your bike too...

post-26499-0-99366000-1515320855_thumb.jpg

Cant drill in to the walls to fit a bike rack to hang it from.

Also on yhe 8th floor so using the elevator and turn style doors at the exit will be an issue.

Must have a door somewhere for wheel chair etcc

how did you get your bed through the turn style ??

I'm not sure of any storage areas with easy access within the CBD.  The best I can think of is perhaps check if your building (or buildings close by) has basement parking.  Maybe they can 'rent' you a corner where you can lock up your bike?

Alternatively try a pole bike rack.  No drilling necessary.  Just twist the pole to extend it until it is tight between floor and ceiling...  Nice way to show off your bike too...

Have one of these and it works perfectly.

Those are occupied. Well just maybe he can get an occupied one for rent?

Correct. It is proven that renting is cheaper than buying...