Location tracking app with crash detection

johnwoodman78

I'm looking for an android app where my wife can check on my position while out riding alone. There are a few of these around.

The additional thing would be crash detection with notifications sent to emergency contacts. I've found a couple on Google play, does anyone else use an app they can recommend?

we use an old iphone with a shared apple id. and then find my phone works well. 

Does not have the crash detection...

anyone who has had a discovery insurance tracker in their car will kno whwy crash detection is not really viable, especially on a mtb...

google maps also can share location very well for any android phone.

LOL WUT, didn't know such a thing existed... 

Me neither, until my teenager showed me  :huh:

I use garmin live tracker on all my rides, no crash detection but wife can see when i stop and exactly where i am including HR and speed

If you have one of the newer Garmins, such as the 520, you can share a live track with your wife of every ride so she can monitor where you are at all times.

Furthermore, it also has the incident detect function which works really well!

If you have one of the newer Garmins, such as the 520, you can share a live track with your wife of every ride so she can monitor where you are at all times.

Furthermore, it also has the incident detect function which works really well!

+1 to this.

I found the incident detection to be pretty good. I've only managed to trigger it twice, once with an OTB in a rock garden and the second time when I lost the front wheel landing a jump (both were pretty severe crashes, fallen off a many times without triggering it). Even when it gets triggered, you have 60 seconds to stop it before it actually alerts your emergency contacts.