Has Garmin lost its edge?

Zucs

Nah, on Friday, I will try and convince you stop this turducken (as Velo would say) madness.

Maybe after EL, PE, Durbs and Slovenia this year :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Careful, you might pull a Trump and come back with an immigrant.

Who wants to come to this Sh1THOLE of a continent/country!!

Put the drama down and step away from the computer. It's thehub.

Is that telling patch politely to go play with his GG?

Garmin gadget

Good morning Hubbers,

Sorry for being quiet over the past few days!

I have followed the discussion on the forum with close interest and truly appreciate the effort and level of insight which each of you have put into your responses.

I also appreciate and understand the arguments from both sides. This clearly is a simple issue on the face of it, that is actually quite complex when you get into the discussion a bit further. Each post raises a good point, and I agree with elements of the arguments from both sides.

As an update:

Based largely on the discussion and views on this post (thank you), I decided to accept the R2,000 repair quotation and went to Garmin yesterday, paid and am expecting to receive the replacement unit today.

A few hours after having paid, Garmin reached out to me to tell me that they had discussed my issue further and, in light of the context surrounding the issue and the unit being so close to within warranty, they have decided to replace it under warranty. They have committed to refund me what I paid yesterday in the coming days.

I must say, this wasn’t at all what I expected at the start of the day yesterday but was very well received and extremely appreciated.

Starting to understand why some of your refer to Bike Hub as “Garminland”. That is impressive.

Thanks again all, have an awesome week!

Dino

How much reaction did you get on Facebook with this btw?

Lol, I guess word play is not one of your strong points is it! Garminfish was not an insult, it was a play on words. Wahoo being a competitor of Garmin, but wahoofish defending Garmin with such religious fervor I though a name change would be appropriate.

Anyway, I don't even know why they named a fish after a GPS device, maybe because the fish finds its way around very easily and lives longer than 13 months!

Funny enough, I use and sell wahoo products as well as My Garmin. Religious fervour is a big statement from the boy who accused garmin of causing the downfall of the gps market, or something equally stupid.

I don’t really have huge brand loyalty, but do like to comment when I think someone’s reaction to a situation is more probably linked to some deep issue than the matter under discussion.

Archived