Almost a statistic - bikejacking on R44 (Somerset West, Lord Charles)

nox1111

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cops will know who they are. You will find there have been several incidents they have been involved in, enough people in the community will know what they do, have done, will do and still they are free to continue.

also just to be clear, was this on the r44 between the lord charles and the bridge, or below the robots at waterstone ?

Check the map, please share yes!

FFS, glad you are ok, thats a pretty well used cycle route, I ride it whenever I am down there, always on my own.... 

They probably run through the dam area.

I will be taking Irene or Abelia to get to the R44 from now on.

Yoh bud you have balls of steel. The adrenaline must have been oozing from all orifices. Glad you ok and you got your bike back. Hope those b@sturds get what karma has planned for them, that saw and their fingers sounds like a good idea to me. 

well put. this seems to be how Africa operates. 

The cops will know who they are. You will find there have been several incidents they have been involved in, enough people in the community will know what they do, have done, will do and still they are free to continue.

The incident in Kalk Bay/Silvermine has prompted a (initial) discussion to be held on Thursday eve in Tokai. A bit far for some reps from that side wanting a solution I know, but just so you are aware, while the discussion is being advertised as "Table Mountain crime", the groups we are involving have a mandate to serve the whole Cape Town area and they have already pledged their assistance on a regional govt level. If you are a rep and want to attend, it is advised that someone with insight raises the issue. 

In a way it has been a blessing this happened on SANParks land because without their influence -  actually just go and read the frustration in the Kyamanadi thread again to see what happens without getting a big player involved. The problem is ignored!

Small warning lights go on, but I dismiss it as being paranoid.

bloody hell. scary. glad you got out mostly ok. 

I say screw who's sensitivities you might offend - if your spidey senses say something is not right - act accordingly. Bail to the other side or ride away or wait for a car of something. And I'm glad the cars did stop to assist.

Stay as safe as you can ppl.

Yoh bud you have balls of steel. The adrenaline must have been oozing from all orifices. Glad you ok and you got your bike back. Hope those b@sturds get what karma has planned for them, that saw and their fingers sounds like a good idea to me. 

I have only had two rides on my (still uninsured) Carbon Corse wheelset, so that was a no brainer...

All jokes aside though, I immediately stopped the tug of war when I realized they have a weapon. Could not believe it when the bugger ran after me with the saw!

The tackle and ankle tap was purely opportunistic and I can't take credit for that.

Seriously - just a blessing that it ended as it did!

For the sake of community safety, Stellenbosch Trail Fund posted this picture of a guy that attacked cyclist on Helshoogte pass. Know its a different area, but wont hurt to know what these scumbags look like,

post-50361-0-59932400-1516693130_thumb.jpg

Admin, please remove if not allowed

Hectic $hit..glad all ok.

what galls me is they leisurely stroll away from the scene wht arrogance..as if to say wtf can u do about it.

its really sad we living like this ..something is going to have to give!!

I have only had two rides on my (still uninsured) Carbon Corse wheelset, so that was a no brainer...

All jokes aside though, I immediately stopped the tug of war when I realized they have a weapon. Could not believe it when the bugger ran after me with the saw!

The tackle and ankle tap was purely opportunistic and I can't take credit for that.

Seriously - just a blessing that it ended as it did!

Well done, glad you got your bike back and inflicted some pain.

The helplessness I feel while reading this is a bit overwhelming... Getting a punch (or tackle) in at least gives some satisfaction but could really end bad too.

Glad it ended well enough!

Aaaagghh! ???? frustrated!