Bidon Bistro Cradle parking

nicbez

No it won’t, but the profits from the food that’s takes 1 hour to arrive, should.

Agreed, went to meet a friend there and take a part of his hands and it took forever to get just a cup of coffee...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your loss OP. 

Hate to break it to you, but Valverde has also had thefts. 

Unfortunately, a criminal will find a way to steal, no matter the safeguards that are put in place. R20 is very little to provide the security that everyone wants. Bidon is pretty big, and will require at least 6 guards. I don't think R20 per vehicle would cover Bidon's costs.

Beg the differ on the cost issue. There are ~100 cars there on both Saturday and Sunday which means 40k worth of parking income for 2 x 6hours (from 6am till 12). Am pretty sure that R3k/ half day / guard more than covers expenses.

Do agree however that having guards is no safeguard against theft

Beg the differ on the cost issue. There are ~100 cars there on both Saturday and Sunday which means 40k worth of parking income for 2 x 6hours (from 6am till 12). Am pretty sure that R3k/ half day / guard more than covers expenses.

Do agree however that having guards is no safeguard against theft

Yr maths needs a lil work

Cars aN or bikes been stolen at all venues however if a venue is charging you to park there they should be ensuring theft does not occur. They are charging for a service. They must deliver it

Edited by IceCreamMan

Yr maths needs a lil work

Cars aN or bikes been stolen at all venues however if a venue is charging you to park there they should be ensuring theft does not occur. They are charging for a service. They must deliver it

Hmm so is 100 x R20 not always R20k???? So correct figure is R2k income per half day which equates to just over R50 per hour for 6 guards. That probaly still covers cost right?

Do not think it is realistic to expect them to ensure no theft

Just a note - The roof racks were stolen late in the day (17:30?), Bidon closes at around 15:00-15:30.

Can happen anywhere, they openly state that they are not responsible.

Like anywhere else, they are taking REASONABLE precautions....

Just a note - The roof racks were stolen late in the day (17:30?), Bidon closes at around 15:00-15:30.

Can happen anywhere, they openly state that they are not responsible.

Like anywhere else, they are taking REASONABLE precautions....

on a separate note, too often places take your money and then say "we are not responsible" ...and we accept that...bull**** man. by taking yr money they are entering into a contract and they better uphold their end of the bargain as best as they can. If roofracks are stolen with violence it could well be argued that they have not taken reasonable precautions... entities should not be allowed to escape liability so glibly.

(and yes in this case if it was 17:30 its probably not their fault I accept that. )

on a separate note, too often places take your money and then say "we are not responsible" ...and we accept that...bull**** man. by taking yr money they are entering into a contract and they better uphold their end of the bargain as best as they can. If roofracks are stolen with violence it could well be argued that they have not taken reasonable precautions... entities should not be allowed to escape liability so glibly.

(and yes in this case if it was 17:30 its probably not their fault I accept that. )

Um what if said "contract" only allows you to access their piece of land? you are paying for that access and not paying for secure parking?

If they are not advertising secure parking then they cannot take responsibility for it surely? most often the "car guards" are not for security but more as a parking attendant ensuring you park properly...

Um what if said "contract" only allows you to access their piece of land? you are paying for that access and not paying for secure parking?

If they are not advertising secure parking then they cannot take responsibility for it surely? most often the "car guards" are not for security but more as a parking attendant ensuring you park properly...

You got me there hey.

Seem to recall that Bidon do make a statement regarding how safe it is, punting the security cameras etc. so in effect they are creating a perception that yr belongings will be looked after. While they could not be held liable for a pick pocket stealing yr wallet they certainly should be vigilant enough to detect someone wrestling with roof racks.

With the prevalence of crime in the cradle these days the venues that charge for parking should be proactive in preventing it at their facilities. It’s a tricky one but some of the venues are making good coin from cyclists and should be protecting that revenue stream. Claiming we no liable is a cop out an unacceptable at that.

With the prevalence of crime in the cradle these days the venues that charge for parking should be proactive in preventing it at their facilities. It’s a tricky one but some of the venues are making good coin from cyclists and should be protecting that revenue stream. Claiming we no liable is a cop out an unacceptable at that.

True, however any mall or shopping centers will do exactly the same thing, charge for parking and not claiming responsibility when your car gets hit...

True, however any mall or shopping centers will do exactly the same thing, charge for parking and not claiming responsibility when your car gets hit...

Look I get that Bidon needs to charge for parking, especially for people who only use it as a place to park and go cycle and not use the restaurant.

BUT saying that malls do it too, doesn’t make it right. Malls should ALSO offer some form of security or carry a portion of the liability.

Look I get that Bidon needs to charge for parking, especially for people who only use it as a place to park and go cycle and not use the restaurant.

BUT saying that malls do it too, doesn’t make it right. Malls should ALSO offer some form of security or carry a portion of the liability.

Clearwater Mall often has guards by the car park booms with a pole with spikes on the end of it to stop someone leaving if necessary.

Edited by Bonus

Clearwater Mall often has guards by the car park booms with a pole with spikes on the end of it to stop a one leaving if necessary.

I think that’s more to stop people leaving without paying for parking! When I worked at the CTICC, the parking was the most profitable cost centre, and these guys will protect that!!

Edited by Patchelicious

Used to just be part of stud farm and nursery.

As the owner says on his website, "if you con't beat them, join them.....and that's when the restaurant popped up (about 2 years ago)

Do agree with Patch that they run the risk of becoming victims of their own success, especially now that they charge for parking part of which is refunded if you sit down in restaurant (as do Valverde and Stone cradle)

You pay to park there?

Then liability surely should be transferred to the owners/party collecting the money?