[EVENT] Dischem Ride for Sight 2018

mecheng89

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this weather clears. Going to be some serious potholes after all this rain. Lets hope they take a page out of the carnival city race and fix them.

post-63970-0-16288700-1550310185_thumb.png

Weather prediction at SBR, taken this morning. 

Yes, potholes are a concern, but what's new?!

An update on that corner at 21.5Km.

It is now a sink hole on the right lane and plenty stones, sand and water on the left lane. If today was race day, it would be rideable on a MTB.

I’ve sent a message to both organisers and Road Rangers, in the hope that they actually drive the route this afternoon and see the problem.

e2e4b14e419e74ad099e9b4bb7eaa4be.jpg

65c9ca41de883c516949149568c9e0ba.jpg

Edited by Frosty

I've got to head overseas at short notice so am going to miss it, good luck for tomorrow guys and ride safe, always some scary surges of nervous large groups in the 1st 3rd of the race.

An update on that corner at 21.5Km.

It is now a sink hole on the right lane and plenty stones, sand and water on the left lane. If today was race day, it would be rideable on a MTB.

I’ve sent a message to both organisers and Road Rangers, in the hope that they actually drive the route this afternoon and see the problem.e2e4b14e419e74ad099e9b4bb7eaa4be.jpg65c9ca41de883c516949149568c9e0ba.jpg

This one got me... as my second puncture. First was before the start, and third 75km into the race. Lovely

There was so much debris in the road

Edited by RyanAW

This one got me... as my second puncture. First was before the start, and third 75km into the race. Lovely

We slowed our bunch down to allow everyone to get through that section. The least the marshals/organisers could have done was sweep the section just before and after - they had time from sunrise to when you guys got there.

The crossover from left to right at Carnival City is also not ideal. So much confusion too.

Other than that, it was a good morning out.

Do you normally go out with three tubes? Edited by Ossie NL

Do you normally go out with three tubes?

Nope. Puncture #1 - tube already in wheel, fitted my spare. Puncture #2 - no more spares, borrowed one. Puncture #3 - no hope. Sit on the side of the road and wait for help...

Hi All

I went down about 20km in in group BL.

The crash was completely my fault - I came into the race undercooked and struggled to stay in the bunch which caused me to lose focus and touch a wheel.

My sincere apologies to the guy who crashed into me. He managed to get back on the bike and continue riding so no idea of injuries.

A massive thank you to Craig who dropped from the bunch and called me an ambulance, and stayed with me until the race marshals finally arrived.

Happy to report I got away from it with only severe road rash, however it seems to be time for new derailleurs, shifters, front wheel.. ugh.

Hi All

The crash was completely my fault - I came into the race undercooked and struggled to stay in the bunch which caused me to lose focus and touch a wheel.

My sincere apologies to the guy who crashed into me. He managed to get back on the bike and continue riding so no idea of injuries.

A massive thank you to Craig who dropped from the bunch and called me an ambulance, and stayed with me until the race marshals finally arrived.

Happy to report I got away from it with only severe road rash, however it seems to be time for new derailleurs, shifters, front wheel.. ugh.

I was just to the left behind you. Was wondering what happened. Looked nasty. Hope you get well soon as well the others.

Hi All

Good luck with recovery mate. 

Hope the training improves!

Good morning out in BL. Pace was great, chap in the CC kit with good looking Spez rode well. 

I managed to keep up on all the hills I aimed to, but then as we passed the beeg 4-way intersection on Heidelburg I deflated like a big balloon. 

Wind proved to be a bit of a menace, suffered no punctures or dropped bottles. 

Managed to sneak in a fraction under 3 hr, so it should be a PB. Our road marshall was a top chap, the first time ever we had a marshal that pointed out potholes, give that man a Bells.