Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

4 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

gnar!

The only bit I know of is that new line of craziness at Hoogekraal Skills Park that Mike built recently with that cannon into the huge drop that sets up the 10 meter gap. I'm cool to watch. Ride it? Hard pass!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Mtree said:

Have you scanned the QR code to view the jumbled text?
The text that was supposed to show the members emergency contact details and details...

Tried it now ....

Uhm ....

Takes me to the Club web page - "Member verification" ....

NO info that I can see.  Not sure if the Marchels will have more access.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

The only bit I know of is that new line of craziness at Hoogekraal Skills Park that Mike built recently with that cannon into the huge drop that sets up the 10 meter gap. I'm cool to watch. Ride it? Hard pass!

Robbie Robbie Robbie......

According to the hundreds of pages of fired up discussion it was decided that true, authentic Gnar! is the type with lots of rocks and dinky donks and steeps and rolly pollys which you ride slowly, thus making it SAFER than jumps and speed tracks and big manicured berms and gaps...... Do you remember NOTHING!!!! 😂

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Tried it now ....

Uhm ....

Takes me to the Club web page - "Member verification" ....

NO info that I can see.  Not sure if the Marchels will have more access.

Has been patched already, earlier today you could see the entire member profile.
ID through to medical aid details, and it was not secured.

44 minutes ago, Mtree said:

Has been patched already, earlier today you could see the entire member profile.

Aaaahhhh ....

Access to information .... privacy .... and all that ....

I would WANT the paramedics to have full access.

BUT .... if I am lights out next to the trail .... would be very handy if the next rider could access my ICE details (which is all the data the club has of me)

But I certainly dont want everyone at the coffee shop to have access to my medical aid details ...

Tricky one .....

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Robbie Robbie Robbie......

According to the hundreds of pages of fired up discussion it was decided that true, authentic Gnar! is the type with lots of rocks and dinky donks and steeps and rolly pollys which you ride slowly, thus making it SAFER than jumps and speed tracks and big manicured berms and gaps...... Do you remember NOTHING!!!! 😂

You see, I've got to blame my new pony for that, seeing as when I rode down the Rhinos last weekend I found that all the rocks and previous gnar was missing and all that remained was a fun, flowy trail that rode super fast. 

It's either that or the Stumpy is an even better bike at deleting gnar than I thought 🤔😉😂

2 hours ago, Mtree said:

Uh, uhm... Uh .... What now?

What is the point of this QR code exactly? Can anyone just scan it and access your personal identifiable information?

POPI act? Liability? 

Mmmmm

Anyone else run into what looked like two vagrants on Rooikat/hillcrest yesterday? They looked friendly enough when I rode past them but still a bit concerning with them going against the flow and in quite an isolated spot.  

17 minutes ago, W Smith said:

Hope you reported it to security at the entrance to the farm .

Nope. Will next time :( 

5 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

Nope. Will next time :( 

Not sure how well you know this area - when you cross the tar road at Hillcrest, the security booth is a few hundred meters to your right, just down the road. 

Just now, ChrisF said:

Not sure how well you know this area - when you cross the tar road at Hillcrest, the security booth is a few hundred meters to your right, just down the road. 

Thanks, figured it was down the road to the right when coming out of the trails instead of left to the restaurant 

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody confirm if Meerendal trails are accessible at sunrise, ie 5:30 ?

Want to get an early ride on Saturday

EDIT - Getting conflicting feedback from different Meerendal websites .... some say "at sunrise", others "at 6:00" ...

Edited by ChrisF

18 hours ago, Dubber said:

21 hours ago, Jbr said:

There are worst views for 40:20s… also the closed road 👌👌

IMG_0363.jpeg

Nice picture though