Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you guys even do the black route? The one leading off from green yellow red by the river? I have never seen 1 other mountain bike on this trail when I have done it. It is huge fun a bit techie but that is why it is such fun!

I do it from time to time, but preferred it in the other direction to be honest. I was not aware it was a black route though. I thought the only black route was by the top gate, which seems to not be accessible now that the route changed directions. That was over the rocks and down the rock-face. Was a blast. Would be great to open it up again. 

I think there might be in the ablution block in the middle of the parking but not 100% sure.

No showers in there

Quick question, does anyone know if there are showers at Modders?

at the "old" restaurant toilets there are some showers but they are locked-up.

"We will be bringing our infamous Over The Moon MTB Series back to Modder from Wednesday the 27th February along with some other exciting events throughout the year which you can find out about by visiting our website at www.ttct.co.za or www.ttce.co.za"

Very happy about this!! :clap: :clap:

So happy you are happy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a message this morning that the Endangered Wildlife Trust is no longer managing the Modderfontein Reserve. I know the trails are maintained by a separate entity, but this is rather sad.  I hope it doesn't mean it's going to just become another green space that's left to ruins. 

Saw a message this morning that the Endangered Wildlife Trust is no longer managing the Modderfontein Reserve. I know the trails are maintained by a separate entity, but this is rather sad.  I hope it doesn't mean it's going to just become another green space that's left to ruins. 

Would be interesting to know who now is responsible for the wild game on the reserve

If you look at the whole place overall, residential complexes and warehouses are being built all over, coming ever closer to the reserve. In the reserve new roads cut through fields. 

I think there is no effort being made to preserve this as a Green Space and the poor animals inside. Which is a pity. 

It all began a while ago when the signs saying Modderfontein Nature Reserve were changed to read Modderfontein Reserve- the word NATURE was removed. Anyone else notice this? It is now a reserved place.. probably end up in a few years being chopped up into areas for housing units.. warehouses, factories..shopping centres..offices.. etc. 

Saw a message this morning that the Endangered Wildlife Trust is no longer managing the Modderfontein Reserve. I know the trails are maintained by a separate entity, but this is rather sad.  I hope it doesn't mean it's going to just become another green space that's left to ruins

Not bad! R2.50 cheaper than the existing multi-entry special  :w00t:

They used to be 12 ride cards, i'm sure i paid R 420.00 for my last card so R 35 / ride now its 10 rides for R 350.00 also R 35/ride

Hulle smokel met jou kop !

R 35 / ride is still a bargain though 

Did a ride at Modders on Wednesday.

I can see they are slowly getting through the grass cutting on the trail, but there is still PLENTY to do.

- Riding through the reeds is like running a gauntlet through The Gladiators tunnel! Not fun!

- The River section needs maintenance

- Something did smell like it died on one of the climbs. Hope that's not the case!

Really enjoy riding here! So much potential to be the best park ride in JHB! Just need some organisation to listen to riders and take action. Let's hope the new guys on the block share our passion...