I FLY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode this morning.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1777996575

The route for the Land Rover is already marked out.

Looks Like a mix of Green and Yellow. +- 30 Kays (Mostly XC Singletrack).

Improvements wise I saw 2 new bridges built from Old Pallets.

They are busy setting up the Start Finish by the Restaurant Parking Lot.

Still No One could tell me if Normal Riding will be Allowed Tomorrow.

Asked @ the gate, Security and the guys building the stands.

Edited by dasilvarsa

It's great to see events returning there, as hopefully this will contribute in some way to maintaining the trails.

Some of the trails needed some wheels on them so a race is a great idea!

Some ridden out trails are gonna get smashed though..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone aware of any routes changed recently ?

As per the "Two The Core Trails Modderfontein" facebook page, the routes were reversed (again) on the weekend.  I haven't been there recently myself so don't know of any other changes

I must admit some of the sections which were fast downhills and are now uphills are brutal on a hardtail. It's like riding steps and it will take some time to find a smooth line over the tree routes.

The reeds felt odd the opposite way. Some parts were amazing though, especially as they were downhill, so faster, and at times I completely lost my bearings because if it which was fun.

So I rode the reversed yellow trail today. A few kms of gentle climbing to start. Not for newbies? The twisties which were at the end and now are at the beginning were a nice warm up... I never did them when they were at the end as they were boring.

I really enjoyed this reversed trail and am grateful for a large safe scenic venue near home although the encroaching business and residential property developments look ominous.. I noticed a new fence in the reserve where before there was no fence ... just after the 1st large rock and the small stream.. maybe the start of demarcation for development which would be sad as it will halve the size of modders.

The short steep climb by the small dam I couldn't get up with flats.. or maybe I didn't try hard enough.

The black thing on my top tube is a tear gas canister from Kevin at Cycle Safe which I bought yesterday. Doesn't get in the way and stays put and is easy to use if need be. Comes in a snap cradle and easy on with 2 cable ties. Comes in a dark green olive colour but I went stealth mode and covered it in black duct tape.

post-51031-0-95612100-1541342889_thumb.jpg

So I rode the reversed yellow trail today. A few kms of gentle climbing to start. Not for newbies? The twisties which were at the end and now are at the beginning were a nice warm up... I never did them when they were at the end as they were boring.

I really enjoyed this reversed trail and am grateful for a large safe scenic venue near home although the encroaching business and residential property developments look ominous.. I noticed a new fence in the reserve where before there was no fence ... just after the 1st large rock and the small stream.. maybe the start of demarcation for development which would be sad as it will halve the size of modders.

The short steep climb by the small dam I couldn't get up with flats.. or maybe I didn't try hard enough.

The black thing on my top tube is a tear gas canister from Kevin at Cycle Safe which I bought yesterday. Doesn't get in the way and stays put and is easy to use if need be. Comes in a snap cradle and easy on with 2 cable ties. Comes in a dark green olive colour but I went stealth mode and covered it in black duct tape.

The wife and I did the green route yesterday, enjoyed this reverse route a lot more than previous route. My wife swore she would never go back after we did the original route but I talked her into trying again when I heard it was reversed, and she loved it yesterday.

Edited by Toast69

• 2 weeks later...