Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

No, no Proper Trail rides but its very well mixed between lekker single track and some proper uphill with nice flowing sections, Good Ride there any day of the week, the last downhill is Straight but can be hectic at speeds of more than 45km/h.

For a while there after they had graded that downhill and put bumps in it (for water run-off I think?) you could get some serias air on that road… I loved it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else catch the announcement that Two The Core Events have taken over management of Modders? They say lots of improvements and upgrades to come... Sounds really promising.

Saw this on Tweeta a day or 2 ago ....

Great to see @ModderReserve #trails to be run by @TwoTheCoreEvent Sure the team will be doing wonderful things for #mtb'ing

This can only be good for Modders - I was there this week and it looks tired. Some tracks are badly ridden out and some trails are grassed over (in winter!) from lack of use.

Hopefully a new crew will mean new trails and some rehab for the older trails.

This was their post:

So... we are ready for our (slightly delayed, sorry 1f648.png) big announcement 1f601.png ...drum roll 1f941.png

#TwoTheCoreEvents have taken over Central Park Trails Modderfontein

We will be "re-launching" the park over the coming months so watch this space for regular updates and please feel free to give us suggestions that we can use to better every single rider and runners' experience whilst visiting our awesome trails 1f64c.png

#HugeImprovementsToCome

What ideas do you guys have? I for one would like to see a separate line coming down the powerlines, that last downhill. Something jumpy and flowy. There is a huge area they can work with, maybe even bring in DirtLab to do it. The great thing is that it is right next to that tar road so the ambulance can access it easily (Busamed is right there) The road also makes an easy pedal up. Shuttle days can be organised easily as well! 

56xTz6u.jpg

There is also such a nice option for an A-ish line over some rocks in the below area. So often I have been temped to just bomb it over there.

MhY5BsD.jpg

Land Rover Centurion Mountain Monster MTB

TypeMountain Biking
Date18 Aug 2018, Sat
VenueModderfontein Reserve
Distance94, 50, 32 & 12km

Mountain biking is all about having fun on single tracks, testing your fitness on a rocky climb, flying past trees in a forest and finally, just riding your bike all day long!

Does Anyone Know if Non Racing Riders are Allowed to Ride on Saturday ?

These People Are not Updating their Website/Facebook Page.

Asked at the Gate this morning but the staff did not know what is happening.

Edited by dasilvarsa

Land Rover Centurion Mountain Monster MTB

TypeMountain Biking

Date18 Aug 2018, Sat

VenueModderfontein Reserve

Distance94, 50, 32 & 12km

Mountain biking is all about having fun on single tracks, testing your fitness on a rocky climb, flying past trees in a forest and finally, just riding your bike all day long!

Does Anyone Know if Non Racing Riders are Allowed to Ride on Saturday ?

These People Are not Updating their Website/Facebook Page.

Asked at the Gate this morning but the staff did not know what is happening.

Doubt it.....enter the event

Modder is and always has been an amazing track. Been riding there for years and just concerned at the amount of Roads being carved through there? What's with that? it is definitely one of the safer placed to ride and is always a jol, black jacks and overgrown paths to boot.

Stay safe out there. 

Modders is R50 to ride anytime...why pay premium prices to ride the same trail? just saying :thumbup:

Because there appears to be an event on that day

Don't go then

Flippen cheapskates