Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

Rode there today... Did the full red route. Such a cool place for riding and training, but someone needs to go in there with a machete and/or a side cutter... Some sections badly overgrown. Hope it gets sorted soon... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode there for the race this last weekend at the reserve. Was a fun event. Very low-key, not very serious. 

The route was well maintained and I really enjoyed the pre-reversed or non-reversed route again. Was a nice change.  Having the single track down through the trees was epic. Miss that, and the single track down the dam. 

If i could make a suggestions, even though the route will be back to being reversed now, the single-track through the trees should be kept in the same direction, going down.  With a few tweaks, it can be kept as a down. Just would mean cutting a track to the parallel jeep track before the singe-track in the trees. You would go up the jeep track. Then that single track in the trees could become an extra loop. Would be epic. 

This place needs maintenance! I am reluctant to go there and do my weekly ride tomorrow, but seeing as there was a race there on Sunday I am sure some work has been done.

Is there someone to contact?

This place needs maintenance! I am reluctant to go there and do my weekly ride tomorrow, but seeing as there was a race there on Sunday I am sure some work has been done.

Try to the core events on facebook.

So I rode there Sunday. Still a great spot to ride.

The race was on so I did my own thing which was a mix of green and yellow in the original direction whatever that originally was!

They had cut the trails probably due to the race so it was a fun ride.

I rode there this morning and some trails have been cut. Routes were clear. Wet, but not too muddy.

One gripe I have is the condition of the bathrooms (especially the ladies).... sorry but I had to use the men’s. It has not been cleaned in a VERY long time and toilets are out of order.

I rode there this morning and some trails have been cut. Routes were clear. Wet, but not too muddy.

One gripe I have is the condition of the bathrooms (especially the ladies).... sorry but I had to use the men’s. It has not been cleaned in a VERY long time and toilets are out of order.

That is bad, it used to be in good order, not well stocked with Toilet paper but clean.

When you say needs maintenance, what are you referring to? Cutting back the grass? 

To be fair, usually on a Monday morning the staff haven't had a chance to get in to clean the bathrooms after the masses from the weekend (especially after a race or event) - By Tuesday it should be cleaned up. 

the toilets usually are clean, lacking in loo paper or soap but yeah. 

Edited by Uni

Here is what I propose:

This is what is currently in place, YELLOW route up the old single track. Used to be a lot better coming down but it is what it is. The RED route goes down the jeep track. This is not an issue most of the time but on Saturdays it is! That is the same jeep track PARKRUN comes up. It's a nightmare.
k6ifl9T.jpg

The new route will make use of the other side of the single track for the route route to go down. This mean you don't share the route going in the opposite direction of Parkrun (you only cross it). Now we can enjoy the single track decent again! 

Lhw7cdV.jpg

When you say needs maintenance, what are you referring to? Cutting back the grass? 

So the river section has a few trees that had fallen and have not been cleared for two weeks. On one of the bridge sections I've had to move a tree that had fallen over and this was middle of the week and in the afternoon.

The reed section, the reeds are so long and are grown that the hang in the trail and slice you up nicely.

Some sections the grass is so over grown that you can't see the trail and the trails are mostly over grown.

I end up riding only parts of routes.

Some TLC would make a huge difference

To be fair, usually on a Monday morning the staff haven't had a chance to get in to clean the bathrooms after the masses from the weekend (especially after a race or event) - By Tuesday it should be cleaned up.

the toilets usually are clean, lacking in loo paper or soap but yeah.

Spiderwebs are being spun all over the place... But I am sure they will get things back in order

So, I went there for a Training ride, the place is badly overgrown, they cleared the grass and bushes where the race was but some spots were really bad.

• 3 weeks later...