Its that Time!! Tallboy 3 or Stage Max

ETV

Although I would take the TB over the Stage, I would also have a look at the Evil Following MB (although not sure about lifetime warranties etc.)

evil has a 3yr warranty and a life time crash replacement scheme.

Owned a Hightower . It’s a lot of bike .

Have ridden the tb3 - Great bike pedals really well.

Own a following mb-it’s f@#king brilliant . Pedals so dam well it’s ridiculous. But point it downhill and it makes you think you can play in any space .

Pyga stage max- looked at it and grant usher swears by this bike .

But of your choice as I am sc fanboi would have to b the tb3. The tb2 was a proper capable bike and loved mine.

Edited by Pikey

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, so i had a dilema today. 

After deciding on the tallboy 3 i walked into olympic cycles today and saw the trek fuel ex 9.8 2018. trek is running an amazing special at 69K for the bike. 

is the tallboy still the better buy?? how do the two compare??

My riding is Tygerberg trails and the odd race. I do not compete for podiums just for smiles.

what say yee???

Go for the Trek! Amazing bike and amazing special they running at the moment! Use the balance of the cash you would have paid on the tall boy and enter a stage race that you can work towards and enjoy the bike on!

After deciding on the tallboy 3 i walked into olympic cycles today and saw the trek fuel ex 9.8 2018. trek is running an amazing special at 69K for the bike.

My riding is Tygerberg trails and the odd race. I do not compete for podiums just for smiles.

what say yee???

Craig thanks for the reply. Quick ques. I saw the trek has this knockblock thing to stopnthe fork hitting the downtube. Does one struggle with doing tight switchbacks with it or is it a crash protection???

what say yee???

Go for the trek and you will wish you had bought the TB while you riding it. Deep down you know the TB is best.

Peds. Somehow what u said just summed up exactly how I'm feeling. Always wondering what if...

Dean would u be trek or Santa cruz

Have never ridden either bikes. Try organize to test ride both and make a decision from there. You’ll never know until you try.

Peds. Somehow what u said just summed up exactly how I'm feeling. Always wondering what if...

My point exactly, seems like your  mind is made up! 

Hijack on - just a quick question, why if you look in the classifieds you see that of the pyga advertised 80 percent of them have new frames? Are the pyga frames likely to break or crack? Hijack off