Shorts or Bib ?

ChrisF

I am genuinely surprised to hear that some people prefer shorts to bibs!

My experience has been that bibs trump shorts 100% f the time. Even baggies - I wear them but only when I plan on being in public straight after my ride. Then fashion (and dignity!!) trump comfort.

A fine case of different strokes for different folks I guess.

Wear what you like indeed!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a decent bib under some shorts / baggies for modesty / protection of others eyesight, but I have had the odd occasion that my shorts snagged on the seat when bringing myself forward from being behind the seat.

Shorts for me. I hate bibs and also find them uncomfortable. I got a couple of Craft shorts, and wear them under my baggies. 

It depends on whether or not you are a good looking female rider...  :ph34r:

*Edit: For everyone else, bibs...

Edited by Schnavel

Bibs for road and mtb-ing.. recently received a corporate shorts from work and had it converted to a bid before the mtb cycle tour.

Personally I prefer a non-bib chamois, that I wear under baggies.

I've got bibs .. tried them .. Meh

Never quite got the argument of bibs keeps the chamois in place. A properly fitting pair of lycra shorts, stays in place for 6 - 7 hours. I've never needed to get off my bike and pull my chamois up from my knees .. 

I have been using shorts thus far, and no issues.

Went to buy another pair and the salesman made a very good argument for bibs ....

Would like to hear from those that have tried both.

Which do you use, and why ?

Started riding in the UK with baggies, just because that's what everyone else did. Came (back) to SA and saw everyone wearing lycra like it was a frikken van halen concert, so I gave it a go for about a year. 

Back in baggies and prefer it. I just don't like cruising around in a full-body speedo. 

I have bibs and shorts and to be honest neither are way better or worse than the other.

When I road ride I wear cut off denim shorts and when I mtb I wear shorts over... No one needs to see that I'm circumcised and dress to the right.  

Bibs under a pair of baggies ... as noted by others it keeps things in place and does not move around .... it also sucks in the tummy :clap: