Cape Town Cycle Tour Timing

Dwain_H

ok then i was wrong, it was announced that it was a neutral zone to the onramp to the highway, hence the mats being there.

probably confusion in terminology, they probably meant neutral zone as in no actual racing should take place not neutral as in it does not count towards your time

Duane, we recorded the exact same time so i share your pain. I started in 1F and heard the announcer say exactly that, that there's a neutral zone. What makes it worse for me is that the big bunch I was in at the end, we all thought that the mat just after the first gantry (in essence the third last mat) was the finish. I stopped my Garmin at around 2:59:31 when I reached that point and we coasted a bit until we all realised that there were two more mats up ahead. I then restarted my Garmin and gunned for the line but alas it wasn't enough. Let's hope next year we have better luck. WELL DONE though, as I am, you can certainly be proud of such a good result. Just be sure to entertain the k#k comments from your buddies because boy oh boy do they come regularly. Lol.

I heard it was a neutral zone by the announcer.

I wanst going sub 3 but I understand where you are coming from.

If it was mat to mat, the person winning the sprint finish may not end up with the fastest time. That would just be more confusing.

If I cross the start mat 30 seconds after the winner but cross the finish mat only 20 seconds after him, my time will be 10 sec faster than his. :mellow:

Gun to mat makes the most sense.

BUT THIS MAKES MOST SENSE

3:00:14 according to racetec

but their tracking says i started at 6:42:12 and finished at 09:41:13 which is 2:59:01, hence my confusion..

but its gun to mat and my start time was 06:41:00

Same here. My Garmin showed 3:00.13 (also 1H).

Was hoping to be just under 3 hrs since I started at the back of the group and started my timer with the gun.

but their tracking says i started at 6:42:12 and finished at 09:41:13 which is 2:59:01, hence my confusion..

Im in the same boat....

i though it was mat to mat, my Garmin said i was 40 secs quicker than Racetec.

3:00:15 

It took you 72 seconds to get over the mat? Did you start right at the back of the group?

Well what do you think about the woman that as per racetec finished before Nolan

I mean why is she not getting a bit of publicity, being able to break away from $ group, and build a 26min lead, at an ave speed of 49.6km/h

There must surely be an article about her somewhere about this feat

Yeah I know she probably did the elite ladies race and they allocated her time incorrectly to the longer race

Edited by LeoKnight

Next time eat about 25 raisins more and you would have nailed it.

(Some years ago someone calculated that they missed 3hrs by 7 raisins)

Edited by porqui

It took you 72 seconds to get over the mat? Did you start right at the back of the group?

no, i was close to the front, as i wanted to be at the front leading out and not get dropped. the first matt was only at the on ramp to the highway

I also heard the 'take it easy, it's a neutral zone' speech from the announcer, and I was at the back of the start group - was a bit miffed that there was 90s diff bet the Garmin and the official time