An-Li Kachelhoffer - Guilty of Anti-Doping Violation - Best kept secret. Why?

WhateverMatters

Not really sure why we are attacking the OP? Regardless of how many posts he has, he has a valid point. Bashing someone based on the number of posts they have is stupid, any clown can post enough drivel to get there numbers up.

The OP can answer for his claim around bribery

That’s over the top as the list is a public doccie

Welcome to the Hub village, opening poster. ????

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why only post about 1 of the failed tests? And not about all of the others sanctioned where announcements were not made either? Is there an agenda here?

Exactly  :thumbup:

Come now Uncle V12, one post members highlighting drug (ab)use always have agendas.

I just hope the minutes are as clear as the agenda for the days meeting.

Having an agenda doesn’t make the guilty party any less guilty.

Its on the website where its meant to be. CSA I can understand but what did you expect An-Li or team Bestmed to do ? Have a press conference to announce it ? Place and ad in the media ? Come on the Hub and announce it ?

The Hub often says that Teams are supposed to take a hard stance on this to set examples for youngsters, so maybe not a press conference, that’s just a bit sarcastic, but maybe a simple Tweet or announcement on their Facebook page?

Why do we seem to have these double standards when it’s a local that gets caught?

Salbutamol, what kind of a moron would get caught with that in their system? :-)

I didn't know asthma was contagious. 

Sadly I was reminded of how long the SA cycling "doper" list is. Around 30 names on there just for cycling I reckon.

Edit:

I lie - 21 with some duplications... http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/cases/?name=&sport=Cycling&drug=0&submitted=submitted

I looked at the list of names...One of the peeps on there told me their story of how they got on there; this was even before the sanction was given.

The person informed the relevant authorities in writing that medication is being taken on more than one occasion. Then heard nothing from them. Got tested at a race a few years ago (during the period of illness) and was only sanctioned for it many months later.

It sounds a bit like the authorities need to get their admin sorted out.

But, nevertheless, doping is doping.

The question is simple: Was she found guilty?

If yes, I don't care about the OP's agenda.

We must call dopers out wherever or whoever they are

I looked at the list of names...One of the peeps on there told me their story of how they got on there; this was even before the sanction was given.

The person informed the relevant authorities in writing that medication is being taken on more than one occasion. Then heard nothing from them. Got tested at a race a few years ago (during the period of illness) and was only sanctioned for it many months later.

It sounds a bit like the authorities need to get their admin sorted out.

But, nevertheless, doping is doping.

If the medication is illegal then get a TUE or don't race until it's out of your system. Brandon telling the authorities he was taking testosterone didnt make it legal...

The question is simple: Was she found guilty?

If yes, I don't care about the OP's agenda.

We must call dopers out wherever or whoever they are

Perhaps you should read the thread in it's entirety and look at the SAIDS website, where it shows she is guilty and was given a 6 month ban in September 2017.  All of this is in the public domain and not hidden..... so yes she is a doper!

The question seems to be why raise the issue now and not in September?  Similarly there allegations with regard to a cover-up and bribery.... and of course the agenda for raising this only now and not at the time of the finding?

So being the hub, is all about finding out the motive and what more the OP knows and is not telling.....

If the medication is illegal then get a TUE or don't race until it's out of your system. Brandon telling the authorities he was taking testosterone didnt make it legal...

Wasnt he taking it so that he can get proper wood for the service department?

The person did try get a TUE but from what I remember, the doctor (and possibly the athlete also) failed to perform some of the required medical tests etc. to justify the TUE. According to the authorities, they should have read and understood the relevant documents.

I agree that the best option is to just not race when you have substances in your system but with that said, when you are a sponsored rider and your next meal depends on the result of your next race...ja well.

I am not justifying doping at all. I just think that once the sanction is over, and the person has served their sentence, society also needs to move on.

Wasnt he taking it so that he can get proper wood for the service department?

I think his unofficial defense was to treat depression.  I have a mate with low testosterone and it's a bit of a *** situation - with low testosterone you're pretty useless on a bicycle - with "extra" testosterone you're racing illegally. Bit of a no win situation.

Perhaps you should read the thread in it's entirety and look at the SAIDS website, where it shows she is guilty and was given a 6 month ban in September 2017.  All of this is in the public domain and not hidden..... so yes she is a doper!

The question seems to be why raise the issue now and not in September?  Similarly there allegations with regard to a cover-up and bribery.... and of course the agenda for raising this only now and not at the time of the finding?

So being the hub, is all about finding out the motive and what more the OP knows and is not telling.....

Thanks for the tip  :whistling:

What if ban was given in September 2017 but not made public.

Maybe OP became only aware of it now and, if so, so what!

The person did try get a TUE but from what I remember, the doctor (and possibly the athlete also) failed to perform some of the required medical tests etc. to justify the TUE. According to the authorities, they should have read and understood the relevant documents.

I agree that the best option is to just not race when you have substances in your system but with that said, when you are a sponsored rider and your next meal depends on the result of your next race...ja well.

I am not justifying doping at all. I just think that once the sanction is over, and the person has served their sentence, society also needs to move on.

Agreed - no system is a black and white as I'm making out. My low testosterone story also shows the "grey area".

I don't agree on the serve time and move on stance though - cheating is a mindset/moral quality. Sure some people learn their lesson and have some life epiphone but like a cheating spouse I reckon a cheating athlete will probably cheat again...

Edit: Plus you can't undo what the athlete did while they were cheating - did a clean athlete lose out on prize money/exposure/a new sponsorship? We'll never know. Bans should be MUCH harsher in my opinion. If you lose your career as a cyclist it doesn't stop you earning a living in any other industry.

Archived