Last time i promise( maybe not)

ETV

The black. Wish I could find that Matt purple 2017 frame. But only black is available at the moment.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy whatever is your dream bike.  Otherwise you will end up buying it later anyway after losing a lot of money first on something else.  Thrust me, I did this three times before I bought my dream bike (a Scalpel) which I will ride for a long time now, since it makes me happy every time I look at it, ride it, touch it (yeah I know, I have a bit of a bromance with it, don't tell my wife!).

Don't go for best value, because best value does not equal dream bike necessarily.  Trust me, I have been down that road before as well.  Buy the one that your heart wants and you will be happy and save money in the long run.  

Edited by myth125

Buy whatever is your dream bike.  Otherwise you will end up buying it later anyway after losing a lot of money first on something else.  Thrust me, I did this three times before I bought my dream bike (a Scalpel) which I will ride for a long time now, since it makes me happy every time I look at it, ride it, touch it (yeah I know, I have a bit of a bromance with it, don't tell my wife!).

Don't go for best value, because best value does not equal dream bike necessarily.  Trust me, I have been down that road before as well.  Buy the one that your heart wants and you will be happy and save money in the long run.

What bike did you have before. How do you find the geometry of the scalpel. The scalpel has always intrigued me.

The black. Wish I could find that Matt purple 2017 frame. But only black is available at the moment.

If you want the purple why not wait for it? Alternatively there is this guy I know in Cpt. They call him BogusOne. Some people here might know him. Check his work on Instagram @ bogus_design

Jewbacca. Do i know you?? Ur land cruiser - hilux joke is crazy. Sept 2017 I bought the LC v8 DC had it 5 months. Was to much vehicle for my needs. Sold it and bought the hilux. :) no jokes.

In that case get the Anthem !!

I have a Momsen Vipa Trail one. Fscking LOVE it. Lots of disrespect aimed at the Momsen brand, but having ridden quite a few bikes over the years, I'm having more fun on this bike than my super light Cube dual suspension bike.

Take the Trail One or Two for a test ride. Just do it.

If you want the purple why not wait for it? Alternatively there is this guy I know in Cpt. They call him BogusOne. Some people here might know him. Check his work on Instagram @ bogus_design

I'm sorry but buying a new Santa and having it sprayed is as dumb as winning the lottery and putting new Ferrari mags on your Cortina. Your warranty is immediately gone!

1) You KNOW what your heart wants .....  :thumbup:   No "bad" bikes in that list, so might as well get the one that makes you feel all tingly ...

2) go RIDE the options and let the bike choose you ....  

YOU choose "1" or "2" ....

In reality an alu Anthem will do the same thing and be just as good a bike with only a marginal difference in weight. But it definitely won't make you as happy when you walk past it in the evening or show it off to your friends. Buy whichever one looks the best to you - you won't get a bad bike at that level.

I'm sorry but buying a new Santa and having it sprayed is as dumb as winning the lottery and putting new Ferrari mags on your Cortina. Your warranty is immediately gone!

Ya that wouldn't work hey

I have a Momsen Vipa Trail one. Fscking LOVE it. Lots of disrespect aimed at the Momsen brand, but having ridden quite a few bikes over the years, I'm having more fun on this bike than my super light Cube dual suspension bike.

Take the Trail One or Two for a test ride. Just do it.

Thanks for the feedback. The momsen seems great but it doesn't stand out to me. But thank you

Not sure who it was that said that the best bike is a properly set up one.

I was going to say that you should pick the bike with the geometry that suits you best.

My torso is long and I have short legs, so I need a bike with long reach and low headtube and low stand over height.

So, it would be a Tallboy for me. or perhaps the Trek Fuel EX 9.8 (which is quite bit cheaper than a similarly built Santa Cruz)