[Event] Piket-Bo-Berg Cycle Challenge & Trail Run

Delanie

There is no cut-off time. Final guy came at around 7:30 last year.

Yeah but he started late and rode in Veldskoens and had a TopSport Helmet from the 80's.

It is really selfish to go there entirely unprepared and then spend that amount of time out there. The water points, the sweeps, the medics and other volunteers all have to stay out there for you.

It's not the end of the world but it's also not rad.

Be lekker

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the weather is also going to play along. Some rain mid next week but race day will be perfect. Let’s hope it stays like that.

Chilly start maybe to the day, but holding thumbs. 

Really looking forward to the race. Did it 2 years ago and it was awesome! Am however becoming somewhat concerned about the weather. Saturday seems ok, but my app now shows rain Friday too where previously it was only showing rain for Wednesday. Do anyone perhaps know how well those trails drain?

Looks like the weather is also going to play along. Some rain mid next week but race day will be perfect. Let’s hope it stays like that.

I see rain foretasted for Friday. Lets hope it doesnt shift over to Saturday

Really looking forward to the race. Did it 2 years ago and it was awesome! Am however becoming somewhat concerned about the weather. Saturday seems ok, but my app now shows rain Friday too where previously it was only showing rain for Wednesday. Do anyone perhaps know how well those trails drain?

It can't be worse than Trail Seeker Grabouw  :w00t:

Edited by CannonSi3

I see rain foretasted for Friday. Lets hope it doesnt shift over to Saturday

watchout for the bridge on the 63km towards the end, ,  thin section is called waterval. .. .  geval dat my oe water laasjaar

Any tips of what to take along?  Need to start packing tonight, we staying over there on Friday night.

Other than the normal stuff

Depends how luxurious you want to stay . . But would start with bike and gear.

They supply wood and braai. Just your own grid. And can buy food as well according to the mail. R75

Bring cash. I got caught with my pants down last year hoping there would be card facilities available after I realised I didn't have enough money for a post ride beer  :oops:

Any updates on the weather conditions and the surface situation would be greatly appreciated.

I would imagine a wet and slippery trail can be quite tricky (read: EXTREMELY dangerous) with all those rocks, etc. there

Depends how luxurious you want to stay . . But would start with bike and gear.

They supply wood and braai. Just your own grid. And can buy food as well according to the mail. R75

ja. did it two years ago and the facilities were very basic - ie. rugby field with rental toilets. wifey wasn't too impressed at first as we had two little kids, I might have sold her a bit of a yarn that it would be fun..... 

soooper bleak to be missing out as I have some fractured ribs that are not going to hold up this weekend. this is basically the only mtb race i enter each year

enjoy kids!

how rad is this self seeding system?

Batch Names (from back to front):

• My friend entered me, and I have no idea what I'm letting myself in for
  • Is this the 12 km??
  • I'm here just to enjoy the ride & experience some of the best single track in the country
  • Weekend Warriors
  • One more year then I'm a racing snake
  • Racing snakes, EPO Addicts & a REAL shot at the TOP 20