The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

1 minute ago, RobertWhitehead said:

What is the world coming to? How does no-one have one for you 😄. I have one for you, it is a CSIXX 34T - Round NW (96 BCD) - it does have a few miles on it but I am sure it will still function - look me up

Thanks Robert, its for a new guy we met over the weekend, I'm sure he would appreciate it very much.  @117 will probably get back to you soon, I will send him a msg.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheoG said:

Thanks Robert, its for a new guy we met over the weekend, I'm sure he would appreciate it very much.  @117 will probably get back to you soon, I will send him a msg.

New guy? That is my wheel house, I love helping needy aspiring mtbers 😁. Times are tough

8 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

What is the world coming to? How does no-one have one for you 😄. I have one for you, it is a CSIXX 34T - Round NW (96 BCD) - it does have a few miles on it but I am sure it will still function - look me up

Thanks Robert. I'll message you

Morning All,

Reaching out to the Hub community :) I'm starting a bike parts re-distribution initiative in the Southern Suburbs, Cape Town.

My vision is to receive old parts on a donation bases and then redistribute/fit them on older bikes of riders in my community who either don't have access or the means to get such parts to, give their old bike some new life.

I'm mainly looking for 'older' parts that would maybe considered a bit out dated for todays bikes, v-brakes, pads, levers, 7-9 speed derailleurs, cassettes, chains, shifters, square tapered cranks, old seats pedals etc. If you have any of these or other parts (big or small) that you might like to donate to this initiative please drop me a DM.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Johan

Edited by Lieb47

Looking for a brake lever with reach adjustment for my daughter's 16". Current lever can't be adjusted, which makes it hard for her fingers to get around it. 

Based in Cape Town. 

7 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Looking for a brake lever with reach adjustment for my daughter's 16". Current lever can't be adjusted, which makes it hard for her fingers to get around it. 

Based in Cape Town. 

care to post a photo of what you currently have on. I may just have something.

11 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Based in Cape Town. 

@MongooseMan  I have a set.

Right side lever broke, and we replaced the set.

Pretty sure you could swop the left lever over onto the right side mount.

and YES, it is reach adjustable :thumbup:

In Bellville if you want to come pick it up.

Morning All,

Anyone in the Tokai or Kirstenhof area that might have a set of front and rear quick release skewers that's gathering dust? Doesn't need to be a matching pair. Its for a local recycler I'm trying to assist. Thanks in advance. Regards, Johan

Morning All,

@Admin please remove or redirect if not in the correct place.

Through my donations I received some items which would not necessarily be 'usable' or practical for the donation builds I'm aiming to do, but could possibly benefit someone else. I was hoping someone might be able/willing to swop these items for more common items. I won't accept any monetary offers.

Two items are:

Brand new SRAM XO left x2 10 shifter.

Powertap rear hub 'boost' with disc and SRAM freehub.

Thanks, Johan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Does anyone have a BMC Four Stroke 29" rear triangle with linkages, carbon or aluminium, they might be willing to sell?

Thanks.

Edited by Lieb47

Anyone have one of these lying around, Cable Adjusting nut from Shimano 105/Ultegra/DuraAce 7000/8000/9000 Road Rim Brakes. I bought a set on the hub and one adjuster was missing. 

CableAdjustNut.jpg

On 11/22/2022 at 6:22 PM, Lieb47 said:

Hi All,

Does anyone have a BMC Four Stroke 29" rear triangle with linkages, carbon or aluminium, they might be willing to sell?

Thanks.

I have a 2021 BMC Fourstroke for sale but not just the rear triangle...

11 minutes ago, michaelbiker said:

I have a 2021 BMC Fourstroke for sale but not just the rear triangle...

Thanks Michael appreciate it, but I've been offered a front triangle, so I'm only looking for the rear triangle and linkages only.

Edited by Lieb47

4 minutes ago, Lieb47 said:

Thanks Michael appreciate it, but I've been offered a front triangle, so I'm only looking for the rear triangle and linkages.

No worries. Good luck with the search. They are amazing bikes.

1 minute ago, michaelbiker said:

No worries. Good luck with the search. They are amazing bikes.

Thanks! :)