The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

1 minute ago, NotSoBigBen said:

@TheoG I'm thinking more shifter/derailleur .... the rest I agree

Agree, I will never even attempt to mix & match brands on shifter & derailleur.

Edit: At the rear that is ...

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Sorry if this is posted wrong place, i cant find where to post a reply regarding a  forward deraileur. Robert whitehead pls whatsapp 0722044606. Tks

On 3/7/2023 at 4:53 PM, doublejeopardy said:

Hi. Sorry if this is posted wrong place, i cant find where to post a reply regarding a  forward deraileur. Robert whitehead pls whatsapp 0722044606. Tks

You click o. The person name 

2 hours ago, Bbantom said:

Hi there , I am currently looking for extreme lights battery pack . 

There is a place in JHB ta=hat repacks batteries if you have the old set.

I'm looking for a chainring for the old school bmx style one piece cranks on my Schwin cruiser if anyone has.
Something smaller than the 44T I currently have which is a real bastard to pedal and no bike shops have anything other than a 44T. Alternatively a larger sprocket for the coaster hub, current is 18t but I'm assuming finding a larger one than that will be a true needle in a haystack.

Edited by Skylark

20 minutes ago, Skylark said:

I'm looking for a chainring for the old school bmx style one piece cranks on my Schwin cruiser if anyone has.
Something smaller than the 44T I currently have which is a real bastard to pedal and no bike shops have anything other than a 44T. Alternatively a sprocket for the coaster hub, current is 18t but I'm assuming finding a smaller one than that will be a true needle in a haystack.

Would you not need a larger sprocket on the back if you are looking for a smaller chainring?

BMX direct usually have BMX stuff hidden away that isn't advertised. Call them. You might get lucky

On 3/6/2023 at 11:29 AM, doublejeopardy said:

20230304_084756.jpg.e6aa092e0233ddd3dc36623a482a59a1.jpgHi and help. Seems i am looking for hens teeth. Anybody got a shimano 3x direct mount downpull mtb forward deraileur. Probable part Type E, FD-M670.20230304_084953.jpg.44fdff90c120bd3913584423ba3809c9.jpg

This seems to be what you are looking for. You are welcome to have it for free (you pay shipping if required). Please PM me if still in need.

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

42 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Would you not need a larger sprocket on the back if you are looking for a smaller chainring?

BMX direct usually have BMX stuff hidden away that isn't advertised. Call them. You might get lucky

Yes! Thanks I have corrected my post.
I'll give them a try, seems there are also 2 thickness standards for chainrings for BMX one piece cranks, 1/8" or 3/32" .. the joys of the endlesssly changing bicycle standards :(

Edited by Skylark

11 minutes ago, ConradS said:

This seems to be what you are looking for. You are welcome to have it for free (you pay shipping if required). Please PM me if still in need.

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

Hi ConradS, Many many thanks for reply. Can we raincheck on this. Robert Whitehead has kindly couriered one to me that is surely the correct one. I will know in a few days then respond here to everybodies thoughtfulness. Cheers, Steve

6 minutes ago, doublejeopardy said:

Hi ConradS, Many many thanks for reply. Can we raincheck on this. Robert Whitehead has kindly couriered one to me that is surely the correct one. I will know in a few days then respond here to everybodies thoughtfulness. Cheers, Steve

No worries. I hope that you are sorted now

9 hours ago, Skylark said:

Something smaller than the 44T I currently have which is a real bastard to pedal and no bike shops have anything other than a 44T. Alternatively a larger sprocket for the coaster hub, current is 18t but I'm assuming finding a larger one than that will be a true needle in a haystack.

Not quite sure what you mean by coaster hub, but you can get a 20T freewheel sprocket from Rook:

https://rookcycles.com/collections/parts-and-accessories/products/kmc-16t-freewheel?variant=13343197331479

Edited by NC_lurker
Spelling