The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

On 5/28/2024 at 9:11 PM, herrowpreeze said:

Heyooo, 

I'm looking for a pair of shin gaurds you might have lying around 

TIA

Yo!

I have a pair of shin guards in really good condition.....

The neoprene velcro on ones. I think 661 if I remember correctly. 

I saw them yesterday while cleaning out Harry Potter's bedroom

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For my own tinkerings, does anyone have or know where I can perhaps get 1 or two old broken carbon bike frames?

I need a few main tubes for a project and it's easier to cut them from a frame than make them

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

For my own tinkerings, does anyone have or know where I can perhaps get 1 or two old broken carbon bike frames?

I need a few main tubes for a project and it's easier to cut them from a frame than make them

I have a Spez frame that broke some time ago, I can see if I still have it

4 hours ago, Barry said:

I have one for you.

1717657229367354881348973367372.jpg

Thanks! I'll drop you a message so I can organise to get hold of it and see what you would like for ti

Hi Fellow Hubbers

I am looking for a DT Swiss 36T or 56T Star Ratchet Upgrade Kit or second hand ratchets that might not be in use anymore, lying around and willing them to sell them then please hit me know. 

Thx!

6 minutes ago, Primate said:

Hi Fellow Hubbers

I am looking for a DT Swiss 36T or 56T Star Ratchet Upgrade Kit or second hand ratchets that might not be in use anymore, lying around and willing them to sell them then please hit me know. 

Thx!

Have you tried Lynnwood Cyclery I have got from them in the past.

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

Have you tried Lynnwood Cyclery I have got from them in the past.

Thx for the reply. I got some costing from them, the price is a bit steep for the 56T. I should have said, does anyone have the 36T ratchets they want to get rid of after upgrading. 

7 minutes ago, Primate said:

Thx for the reply. I got some costing from them, the price is a bit steep for the 56T. I should have said, does anyone have the 36T ratchets they want to get rid of after upgrading. 

If you did a Ford Trailseeker then you should have a R300 voucher for them some but off. Or was that Spez stock only?

Edited by Barry

I’m looking for a 11 speed cassette for my indoor trainer. Not looking for anything fancy. Would be grateful if someone can assist.

2 hours ago, Diedrich said:

I’m looking for a 11 speed cassette for my indoor trainer. Not looking for anything fancy. Would be grateful if someone can assist.

road or MTB ?

32 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

road or MTB ?

MTB, unfortunately my road bike axle is 126mm and the trainer has a minimum 130mm width 

On 6/11/2024 at 2:02 PM, Diedrich said:

I have for you Diedrich 

Thanks Robert, I will send you a Whatsapp. 

Allie van Niekerk, I can assist, where are you based? 

Looking for a set of SRS inserts for my Sidi Dragon (original) MTB shoes....seems they are no longer available, so if anyone has a set they never used.... size 47

3 hours ago, brianj said:

Looking for a set of SRS inserts for my Sidi Dragon (original) MTB shoes....seems they are no longer available, so if anyone has a set they never used.... size 47

Try Cajees I have see them hanging on the back wall at Centurion branch. They might also have at other branches. I did see some at Solomons Woodmead some time back can't recall if it was for the Dragon but we're SIDI.