[Event] 2018 The Munga

walkerr

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waterbottles and HT vs Dual are questions not easily answered.

You might find this design interesting to advise on waterbottle placements

- Drop and straight bar ready

kiff frame, what makes it handlebar specific?

Hi, handlebar type related to the reach of the bike. 

We went through a lot of trouble to get the frame handling right with different handlebar and stem combinations. Whilst keeping rider position a priority.

If you don't get this right, you end up riding a hardtail with drops that equals terrible handling, and position which is no good for something like the MUNGA.

Noting to do with the hardware of the frame, just* the geometry.

- Drop and straight bar ready

kiff frame, what makes it handlebar specific?

Hi, handlebar type related to the reach of the bike. 

We went through a lot of trouble to get the frame handling right with different handlebar and stem combinations. Whilst keeping rider position a priority.

If you don't get this right, you end up riding a hardtail with drops that equals terrible handling, and position which is no good for something like the MUNGA.

Noting to do with the hardware of the frame, just* the geometry.

The million dollar question... Who get to pedal it at Munga?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also joining the club as entry has been done. Yes I am financialy broke and my 2 sons are not getting any hot wheel toys till end of the year. But Munga here we come. Did a nice ride with Vetseun over the weekend. Really nice to know someone with so much knowledge around the do's and don't's. Must say was really jealous about his bike when we climbed over a fence and I felt how lightweight his bike is. Mine weighs a ton compared to that nice gravel eater.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Also joining the club as entry has been done. Yes I am financialy broke and my 2 sons are not getting any hot wheel toys till end of the year. But Munga here we come. Did a nice ride with Vetseun over the weekend. Really nice to know someone with so much knowledge around the do's and don't's. Must say was really jealous about his bike when we climbed over a fence and I felt how lightweight his bike is. Mine weighs a ton compared to that nice gravel eater.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Sam81 - look forward to meeting you in Bloem. Fear not on weight, by the time we all have 2.5L+ of water and a multitude of other cr@p on board, the differences are going be much more slight.

Edited by walkerr

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have the below to sell if anyone is interested please PM me and I will send photos etc. Cheers Eddie

Lauf fork, Dynamo wheel, Dynamo light and Dynamo charger. New cost about R 20,000, selling for R 12,000

Lauf Trail Racer 29 Fork, non-boost, 15mm axle included, 75kg and heavier, Steerer 17 cm – Absolutely no structural damage, few scratches.

Dynamo wheel with Shutter Precision PL-8X Hub (Shimano centrelock) and American Classic 101 rim.

(http://www.sp-dynamo.com/8Xseriesdynamo%20hub.html).  78% efficiency at 15km/h, and at 468 grams, it is the lightest QR15 centerlock dynamo hub available. Complete wheel with rim tape and valve weights exactly 1 kg.

AC 101 (https://amclassic.com/index.php/rims/101-series-disc-tubeless-rims.html)

Busch + Müller IQ-X LED Headlight (https://www.bumm.de/en/products/dynamo-scheinwerfer/parent/164/produkt/164rtsndi-01-schwarz-164rtsndi-silber.html?)

Busch + Müller Bracket (https://www.bumm.de/en/products/mehr/produkt/470lh.html?)

Busch + Müller - E-WERK (https://www.bumm.de/en/products/stromversorgung/parent/361/produkt/361.html?)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a Munga entry if anyone has entered but can't make the event. Thanks.

So at this stage I am using my Merida Carbon MTB for the Munga. I really do not want to carry any weight on my back so decided to go with bottles on my mtb. However the Carbon Full suspension frame is made for one bottle. Any good products to add bottles to the bottom frame and maybe on the forks? Have been looking at Wolftooth products.

Dual Bottle cage that connects to seat post.

Maybe something similar that connects to front/handle bar, ignore how it will look.

G

So at this stage I am using my Merida Carbon MTB for the Munga. I really do not want to carry any weight on my back so decided to go with bottles on my mtb. However the Carbon Full suspension frame is made for one bottle. Any good products to add bottles to the bottom frame and maybe on the forks? Have been looking at Wolftooth products.