GIANT or TREK?

dalecpt

Problem with these threads is that the vast majority of replies just confirm what brand the person rides who replies ....

I own 3 Giants (with a 4th Giant frame on my wall waiting to be built)

Between the two options OP is considering.

I would choose the Trek.

Hands down.

Im replacing my Ghost Lector 2978 after a clash . I have same budget and looking at both those options . Im keeping a keen eye on this thread . 

Personally I prefer the slightly slacker Anthem. I believe it will be a more fun and less nervous ride. Now i dont know about prettier and all that but more confidence makes me ride faster and enjoy the ride more.

but i am biased - but i have also ridden both and the trek just didn't suit me. It might however suit you. They are good bikes.

GarysCycles_2018_A_1_Top_Fuel_8.jpeg

Anthem-29er-2-Color-A-Red.jpg

No brainer if you ask me. The Trek is moer sexy.

Picking between a gorgeous red head and a gorgeous brunette.

"Giant Bicycle Co. Pty Ltd warrants the frame and rigid fork of each new Giant bicycle to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the bicycle. The Giant warranty is applicable to all models in the Giant Bicycle range and to bicycles that are sold in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland. This warranty applies only to bicycles and framesets purchased new from, and assembled by, an Authorized Giant Retailer."

If you going to fork out that sort of money, test drive both. You don't buy a car without a test drive. And take the bikes to your home trail, so it takes out another variable.

I always had my heart on a new Trance (Giant) till I saw the Fuel 8 (Trek). Now I'm torn, will be doing a test ride on of these days just to see.

Unfortunately I am a medium;-(

Thanks guys for all the responses - looks like it is about 50/50.

Will probably need to ride both!

Archived