Ironman 2019 - PE

_David_

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Longer yards starting this week... Running is a biatch.. Longest run to date is a 15km trail Run. Now I must start with 20+ on road running and huge brick sessions oh the joy... lol

How about run/walk strategy? Say only 15 or 20 mins at a time. Or is the injury too bad?

In October I had to restart from scratch, walk 4min run 1min . Today was my first 7km run outside since July when I got injured. Over the moon at the moment

Now the announcement has been made for Biogen as the new Ironman nutrition partner, I'm going to switch over to them from High 5 but I'm not 100% sure which to go for. I presume the one to use is the Cytomax Race mix. Any one familiar with the brand? Popular flavours?

In October I had to restart from scratch, walk 4min run 1min . Today was my first 7km run outside since July when I got injured. Over the moonboot at the moment

fixed

Good to hear. Keep at it. Slow increments.

If you can run 21km with 40 days to go you should be able to build enough steam to get home!

fixed

Good to hear. Keep at it. Slow increments.

If you can run 21km with 40 days to go you should be able to build enough steam to get home!

Had a setback after Saturday's run. kinda demoralising but I've decided to continue with my swim and cycling and come race day I shall walk 42km if that is what is needed. 

Had a setback after Saturday's run. kinda demoralising but I've decided to continue with my swim and cycling and come race day I shall walk 42km if that is what is needed. 

We've all been there.

Just make sure your supporters crew is well fed, sun-screened, and packs warm clothes for sun-down. (Advice from my wife post 6-hours-waiting-for-marathon-walk-husband)

It is very possible.

If you can do a 70 minute swim and a sub 6 cycle you will have 10 hours to crawl home!

Now the announcement has been made for Biogen as the new Ironman nutrition partner, I'm going to switch over to them from High 5 but I'm not 100% sure which to go for. I presume the one to use is the Cytomax Race mix. Any one familiar with the brand? Popular flavours?

From the just released EL70.3 Athletes guide, a typical aid station on the cycle leg

AID STATION 2: (Turnaround)

Biogen Hydration Drinks

Water (Pump water : squeeze a little water out, for bottle to fit into bottle cage)

Biogen Gels & Bars

Bananas

Water (Pump water : squeeze a little water out, for bottle to fit into bottle cage)

Biogen Hydration Drinks

and on the run leg:

AID STATION 5: (Esplanade)

Sponges

Water sachets

Coca Cola

Biogen Hydration Drink

Biogen Gel

Biogen Hydration Drink

Coca Cola

Water Sachets

Which Biogen hydration drink and bars I do not know yet, but might narrow it down for you

We've all been there.

Just make sure your supporters crew is well fed, sun-screened, and packs warm clothes for sun-down. (Advice from my wife post 6-hours-waiting-for-marathon-walk-husband)

Thanks, luckily we are staying in the road lodge at the finish so my "Ironfan" can duck in and out the hotel as needed and rest up during the day. 

Thanks, luckily we are staying in the road lodge at the finish so my "Ironfan" can duck in and out the hotel as needed and rest up during the day. 

Nothing worse than when the IronFan lands up with sunstroke and an IronTan!

Found this link to the Biogen products to be used on the EL70.3 email I got today.

Hyration Drinks: Carbogen

Gels: Real Fruit and Coffee Beans

Bars: Oats Bars

biogen products 2019 1.pdf

Found this link to the Biogen products to be used on the EL70.3 email I got today.

Hyration Drinks: Carbogen

Gels: Real Fruit and Coffee Beans

Bars: Oats Bars

Thanks Shaper, So they are only giving out the Low GI version. I guess I'll give that a go or just use water and gels.