Sram eagle GX grip shifters

GiantSpez

Hello all. where can i find Eagle GX grip shifters?

anyone using them? or should i stay with the trigger shifter

Thanks

Either you like gripshift or you don't - the only way to find out is to try.

If your LBS doesn't have stock they can order for you. 

Either you like gripshift or you don't - the only way to find out is to try.

If your LBS doesn't have stock they can order for you. 

will it accidentally shift while going down bumpy singletrack

It takes a little bit of getting used to, but I like the grip shifters. No more thumb scraping against the trigger shifter. The downside is that putting on custom grips is difficult and sometimes you can accidentally twist it, but it doesn't happen too often.

had gripshift on a bike for a couple of years, and certainly do not recall any accidental shifts.

In 8/9 years of using SRAM grips, never happened to me.

• 3 weeks later...

GX EAGLE, X01 EAGLE XX1 EAGLE gripshift look exactly alike and even feel similar so I bet they are mechanically similar too I.e. Get any one of those that's in stock. The Gx will be cheaper I guess.

Fitting other grips is easy

Just cut to suit. Except lock on grips. Those you have to buy a special gripshift pair where one grip is shorter.

You will only have accidental shifts if you twist them accidentally as the bloke above said.

They're great if you find you like them

haven't happened to me since riding sram grips 2004

GX EAGLE, X01 EAGLE XX1 EAGLE gripshift look exactly alike and even feel similar so I bet they are mechanically similar too I.e. Get any one of those that's in stock. The Gx will be cheaper I guess.

Fitting other grips is easy

Just cut to suit. Except lock on grips. Those you have to buy a special gripshift pair where one grip is shorter.

You will only have accidental shifts if you twist them accidentally as the bloke above said.

They're great if you find you like them

You can cut any lock on grips with a saw to make it work with Gripshift. Even faster and more straight if you have a band saw.

Edited by Traveler

I have been riding with SRAM gripshifts since 2013 and I won't change. I recently upgraded to GX and stayed with the gripshifts. Love them!

You can cut any lock on grips with a saw to make it work with Gripshift. Even faster and more straight if you have a band saw.

Yes you can but why would you want your bike to look like it was cobbled together from a scrap heap? Leave that to the single speeders man