[Event] The Klipberg Enduro 2018

Klipberg Enduro

A thread about an event and it's only taken 67 posts for there to be a bitch & moan about something.

#what'sfarkingnew?

I think its a Cape Town v Joburg thing. Some people don't realize things are chilled down here...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this might help turn that frown up side down. 

Without a crystal ball I think we can get to the bottom of some of these and put your busy mind at ease. 

I am 2000km away and would like to know what is being offered and what it costs and plan my life

So it's a 1 day enduro in the not so metropolis of McGregor. It's on a farm and there has been info about camping. So 1) enduro 2) option to camp 3) everything else is as it would be at a race and probablly for your own account but I'm sure there will be some bear and chow knocking about for those who stay. Sure you don't need to plan your meals quite yet though.

I don't care how well you know the guys
I do because it speaks to you about what the event is going to be like, the philosophy and also gives you a track record on their history which in turn give you more insight into what it's going to be like and what to expect so you can plan a bit.  

It might not mean a stage race but it's 3 days
Nope it's 1 day. The rest is up to you. You can stay in CT if you want and drive through though I wouldn't recommend it. It's almost easier coming from Jozi. Have you done the Argus? 

• Flight to CT and drive to location the day before
• Do event 
• Drive back same day and fly or over night, bro-down at location, drive back and fly home

Is there accommodation or must we sort ourselves out?
Looks like there is camping. I doubt there will be accomodation on the farm. 

Have you booked accomodation in McGregor before?
Yes. There is tons and in other villages about. Robertson, Bonnievale, Ashton and it's a Wine area so there is alot of nice vineyard places to stay if you want to treat yourself to a spa and a bit of pampering to sooth the stress. 

http://www.tourismmcgregor.co.za

Pah
Bear? 

Never mind answering
I never mind. 

Edited by Yo-yo

Thought this might help turn that frown up side down.

Thanks

You have actually helped me decide to go back to my original plan and do the event in Sept

FYI

I am in Moz not jhb

I am from the Cape

I know McGregor well

I have family that have a farm there

It's just one day and not 3 as I thought

I was planning a road trip down with all the bookings on the way as well as in McGregor and I need to book now

Thanks for all the advice

M

Thanks

You have actually helped me decide to go back to my original plan and do the event in Sept

FYI

I am in Moz not jhb

I am from the Cape

I know McGregor well

I have family that have a farm there

It's just one day and not 3 as I thought

I was planning a road trip down with all the bookings on the way as well as in McGregor and I need to book now

Thanks for all the advice

M

:thumbup:

A thread about an event and it's only taken 67 posts for there to be a bitch & moan about something.

#what'sfarkingnew?

We're just low-EQ Hubbers who don't know how to contain the anxious excitement about Klippies!

Nou waar's my coke?!

I think its a Cape Town v Joburg thing. Some people don't realize things are chilled down here...

Yeah right

Is Prince George Drive open?

There is some seriously unchilled stuff going down there

17 - 19 August. Have you saved the date yet? Stoke is high and riders want all the juicy details... Well, we're busy fine-tuning all of that. For now what we can tell you is this: Entries will be opening soon, they won't break the bank but they are limited. Try to take off work the Friday and arrive early. It is a camping weekend, however there is plenty of accommodation in the surrounding McGregor area, if you prefer a roof over your head. We advise camping next to the dam. It will be a vibe. Saturday is race day, six stages of gnarl. Saturday afternoon is a prize giving and party-party-party! For those who still have gas left in the tank and those who failed at getting a clean run down Dingle Berries, a Sunday morning ride will happen. Sounds good? We think so. Any questions?

Yeah right

Is Prince George Drive open?

There is some seriously unchilled stuff going down there

The demonstrators get tired and chill and then the road opens for a while. Have you filmed any CIT's or gun fights lately. I hear everyone up there has ...

The demonstrators get tired and chill and then the road opens for a while. Have you filmed any CIT's or gun fights lately. I hear everyone up there has ...

Just film in landscape. Please!

$$$ but I kinda expected that sorta price, to be honest.

Entered.

How much is it? Just for interest sake...