2018 XCO World Cup

nathrix

That was hard racing. Neff, EB, PFP and Langvad gave it their all. They could barely stand immediately after. Red lining it all through out on a very very tough course made more difficult by the mud. Keller, Tauber and Courtney all had good races too.

Men's race will be super interesting. Will they struggle with the slippery surface or handle it better? Hoping Van der Poel can pull of a win. That would be so cool.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the men are also pushing at some stages. Must be quite muddy/slushy then.

Will it be too soon to say that Nino will take the win?

Edited by BSG

Whow what a recovery from vd Poel there, I surely would have eaten some dirt there.

That was hard racing. Neff, EB, PFP and Langvad gave it their all. They could barely stand immediately after. Red lining it all through out on a very very tough course made more difficult by the mud. Keller, Tauber and Courtney all had good races too.

Men's race will be super interesting. Will they struggle with the slippery surface or handle it better? Hoping Van der Poel can pull of a win. That would be so cool.

Now THAT was an exciting race!

How many times did the lead change?

And how dead was Yolanda after the finish? I thought her manager was going to grab her boob give her CPR!

Brilliant riding !!

Men's racing was also good, but it was a fight for the lower steps of the podium. Vd Poel is strong, but that Italian German is amazing!

Edited by splat

And how dead was Yolanda after the finish? I thought her manager was going to grab her boob give her CPR!

Brilliant riding !!

Men's racing was also good, but it was a fight for the lower steps of the podium. Vd Poel is strong, but that Italian German is amazing!

It always seems that the ladies racing is just that tad bit more enjoyable. Definitely more fun to watch than the men's race.

Didn't follow through on watching the men's race but happy with the end result. Hoping Van Der Poel will learn from this and will grow into a better racer that can compete better with Nino. I'm sure that Nino will be happy to have some competition. The Gerry Italian was the real surprise package this season. Another guy who could challenge Nino if he keeps improving.

As a sportsfan I couldn't be happier with how healthy, in general, mountain bike racing is at the moment.

Brilliant riding !!

Ya He is hey... kind of burst onto the scene and there he is

I have not followed the whole season in great detail.

Besides flat tires/punctures, I did notice some drive chain issues too.

Is the problem 1 x related or manufacturer related?

I have not followed the whole season in great detail.

Besides flat tires/punctures, I did notice some drive chain issues too.

Is the problem 1 x related or manufacturer related?

Kerschbaumer seemed to be having trouble retaining his chain on his XTR (?) drivetrain.

Kerschbaumer seemed to be having trouble retaining his chain on his XTR (?) drivetrain.

Ask Nino how much trouble he has had with his chain this season.

Apart from one crash, I think it has cost him almost every Short Course race.

That and Vd Poel

Ask Nino how much trouble he has had with his chain this season.

Apart from one crash, I think it has cost him almost every Short Course race.

That and Vd Poel

Not so much the chain but the etap rear derailleur seems to not like rapid shifting.

And lets not forget Mariske Strauss leading the first lap!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm3xOuKg3fN

'Jip tht just happened! I LEAD A WORLD CUP XCC! Thanks so much for all the support out there ! In hindsight I could of probably raced a bit smarter but hey, embraced the moment and proved to myself I am capable of so much more! So stoked for Sunday #braaappp#borntobefast #cantstop'

'Had to take some deep breaths yesterday. My Best start EVER at the last WC of 2018. I was comfortably sitting in around 10th when I snapped my chain! , SO proud of myself for pushing on and proving that I am capable of so much more and also so greatful and thankful for Gods amazing grace. #laagopdiekniee#sterkindiebene I snapped my chain just after the tech zone so had to run half a lap ! After a super fix by @omxproteam#fromthepit i was off ( in dead last ) I fought on and unfortunately got pulled -1lap in 54th. Holding on to the good and positive of this weekend. I proved that I can race with the best in the world not once but twice ! So fired up for world champ! Lenzerheide here we come #borntobefast#myjourney #imnotdone #moretocome#cantstop Thanks again for all the support! '

Edited by splat