Evil bikes thread

PhilipV

He didn’t know untill now

Taking out a water bottle at the end of a ride and fell in a hidden grassy hole .

Mates who takes pics Hey ....bastards .

gotta love em hey 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nou stook jy

what does the St. have to say ....

He has fallen so many times on that bike and consequently covered in all in thick double layered plastic ,that if you binned it in a rock garden it would bounce ???? Edited by Pikey

For interest sake I ride a Large in all the models except the Wreckoning (big bike once built) which is a Medium.

Once Craig and I have the Offerings on hand we can then know for sure if we must "downsize" or not given the slightly steeper head angle ....

Feedback we're getting thus far from our FanatikBike counterparts ... looks like I may very well have to ride a Medium Offering with my existing buildkit setup.

So stay tuned and let's see based on tangible facts....

Also, more importantly as it relates to the EVILs, we find arm length and inseam to be key factors for us when recommending frame size. One sits "IN" these bikes and not "ON" them. 

Brenton. We need to ride, again. The first and last time you got taken out too early, man. 

can you honestly see yourself on a large ? You a bit taller than me if memory serves. I’m 6ft .

Bibi is the same height as you and I. I'm 1.8 dead (5f11) and from memory he was on equal eye height to me. 

No way I'd get a medium. Definitely large, and with the lower seat tubes sometimes an XL, if it has a suitably short ST (shorter than my current 480mm)

I know I said a couple days ago that I'd be "fine" on a medium, but then I remembered that most mediums have an ETT of 600 - 620 or so, and that's just too short for me. Current is 640 and it's awesome with a 35mm stem. 

Brenton. We need to ride, again. The first and last time you got taken out too early, man. 

just waiting for the wind to die down and I'm gonna hit Helderberg trails again seeing as Jonkers is outa bounds to the public. So much for buying a year pass.

I'm up for a rad session dude ....

Bibi is the same height as you and I. I'm 1.8 dead (5f11) and from memory he was on equal eye height to me. 

No way I'd get a medium. Definitely large, and with the lower seat tubes sometimes an XL, if it has a suitably short ST (shorter than my current 480mm)

I know I said a couple days ago that I'd be "fine" on a medium, but then I remembered that most mediums have an ETT of 600 - 620 or so, and that's just too short for me. Current is 640 and it's awesome with a 35mm stem. 

You feel me dude  :thumbup:

Spot on. There is no way someone that is 1.8m will be fine on a Med. I am 1.78 on a Med and I have had to go with a 55mm stem (not ideal), and still I feel cramped. I think Evil should take their whole online sizing guide, and adjust by a whole size across the heights on their tables.

just waiting for the wind to die down and I'm gonna hit Helderberg trails again seeing as Jonkers is outa bounds to the public. So much for buying a year pass.

Be careful on Helderberg at the moment, came across 2 Cobras (at least I think they were Cobras) in the space of 10km this afternoon. Kinda feeling paranoid riding on my own haha

I plan on a 55 mm stem . Have tried mediums before and they always to short. I know this longer than the norm,but can’t see a med working for me .

There size chart says 6ft at the bottom of the height range . I am 6ft on the dot . Must be a large for me am sure .

Spot on. There is no way someone that is 1.8m will be fine on a Med. I am 1.78 on a Med and I have had to go with a 55mm stem (not ideal), and still I feel cramped. I think Evil should take their whole online sizing guide, and adjust by a whole size across the heights on their tables.

Trailer Park is the same height as you and he rides a large albeit the v1 with a 60 stem. And I find it slightly small for me .

Jonkers is open again.  Post from the MTO facebook page.

29543247_1999862146944659_61809990132724

Jonkershoek will open it's gates again tomorrow morning.

Please take note of the new operating hours:

7:30 am until 4:00 pm

Monday - Sunday (until further notice)

We would like to thank everyone for their participation and consideration during the past 2 weeks.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the valley.

Where abouts?

1st one: After you come down hurricane/purple rain you have to do porcupine climb - where porcupine climb meeets up with the main climb again. The bugger was chilling right in the middle of the single track - nearly went right over him.

2nd one: After you do highway 61 (coming down), you cross a little wooden bridge, then there is a right hander berm and a left turn, as you start climbing a little bit again you see a farm workers house on your left - the snake was busy crossing the trail as I rode towards it - as a hit the brakes my bach wheel skid and made a noise, the snake made a sharp u back into the bush.

Full disclaimer, I don't know snakes at all - so I could be wrong about it being a cobra, I was told it could also be a mole snake - but they are apparently a bit fatter than the ones I saw. Pic of the first one attached...

post-82251-0-43401100-1538635260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grease_Monkey