PhilipV

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunch of good looking bad ass dudes right there if I ever saw them ....  :P

Bunch of good looking, bad-ass dudes right there if I ever saw me some  ...  :P

.... where does one apply to join this club ....? 

T

I thought I had bad eye sight ???? as in singular ????

Ok, let me do it ;)

But slightly different.

To give folks an idea of size and some 'prspective'

1st Rider Cam is 1.83cm

2nd Rider Brenton is 1.79cm

3rd Rider Craig is 1.74cm 

Frame size is the Medium Evil The Offering and 35mm stem.

2nd Rider rides the Following V1 & Following MB in a Large (saddle centred on rails with 45mm stem, 170mm OneUp Dropper and 170mm cranks only as recommended by Evil Bikes). I like a 35mm stem for Enduro racing and longer stem for outrides/proper mileage being done.

and the Wreckoning (saddle centred on rails with 45mm stem, 150mm OneUp dropper & 170mm cranks only as recommended) in a Medium.

Would then ride the Offering in either a Medium with 50mm stem or Large with stem length of 35mm. 

The MRP Ribbon fork is at the recommended 51mm offset. Dropper & saddle was fitted and dropped with about 9cm of post extension. Standover , as you can all see, is great 

On a side note: One can go up to a 150 and even 160mm fork (MRP 140, 145, 150, 155, 160mm travel options) travel playing around with various shallower offsets. Much can be done build wise with this frame. Very cool indeed.

MRP offers : 27.5+ / 29": 41, 46, or 51mm 

There ya go folks 

Very informative.

I still think a test ride is needed.

I demoed a medium and large Insurgent before buying my medium. My 178cm height is kind of on the fence but I just felt more comfortable and in control on the medium.

Very informative.

I still think a test ride is needed.

I demoed a medium and large Insurgent before buying my medium. My 178cm height is kind of on the fence but I just felt more comfortable and in control on the medium.

That's good as it is important to ride what you feel most comfortable on and as close to the basic setup spec (specially stem lengths) that EVIL recommends. I'll make an addition to my post above....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do any of you have a plan of how to attach CO2 bombs to a Following. I have one of those gadgets that sit behind the bottle cage where you can screw 2 of them in. Problem is the the tube of the Following is too flat behind the bottle cage so it does not fit. Any ideas?

Edit: or should I rid myself of my XC tendencies to attach CO2 bombs to my bike?

Edited by Delarey

Do any of you have a plan of how to attach CO2 bombs to a Following. I have one of those gadgets that sit behind the bottle cage where you can screw 2 of them in. Problem is the the tube of the Following is too flat behind the bottle cage so it does not fit. Any ideas?

Edit: or should I rid myself of my XC tendencies to attach CO2 bombs to my bike?

Maybe get something like this?

39edef39685ec3823d692162e65ff1c6.jpg

get rid of the bad habits!

https://www.cogentindustries.co.za/product/speedsleev-ranger/

Maybe get something like this?

39edef39685ec3823d692162e65ff1c6.jpg

I looked at similar ones, but it seems the spare tube is the thing that keeps it together. I dont want to carry a tube.