Evil bikes thread

PhilipV

I've ridden a Wreckoning with a coil Push.  It's a thing of beauty.  The wheel feels like its always on the ground, always giving maximum grip, never bouncing or bucking, always smooth and buttery.  It's amazing :wub:

that it sure is 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys , for pricing rather drop me a pm and mail me.

I don't wanna cause any trouble on Bike Hub 

I run 55mm stem with 810mm bars. My ideal cockpit is 40mm stem with 780mm bars but that is just too cramped on this bike. A 70mm stem puts me on the right spot with this bike - but I can't bring myself to do it to this bike!

Strange enough I don't feel cramped when descending, only when climbing. The seatpost is extended so far that I am basically over the rear axle, and my upper body feels cramped - kills my back and I can't keep the front wheel down on steep climbs...

But anyway, when I start descending I forget about that!!

dude , 70mm stem is very long 

how long are your arms ?

where is your saddle on the rails ?

I rode today for the first time on my Following MB in X-Low mode. I was interested in seeing two things mainly, decending ability and climbing of course with the slacker seat angle.

Climbing was great, rode up a fairly steep rocky road and having a bit more weight on the back actually helped. I often need to pop the front wheel over rocks and having it light almost made it effortless. This I think, helps conserve upper body energy for the decent. I think reading the numbers of it is far from riding the bike and experiencing it.

Decending was really nice, I’d not ridden the trails before so I didn’t gas it. The bike still has all it’s pop and fun but with a more planted feel. Didn’t notice the peddles feeling much lower, I ride the recommended 170mm cranks and it was fine.

If you haven’t tried it I would definitely say give it a try, I’m not going back to low mode anytime soon.

Can’t post here without mentioning the Offering, man that My Boy Blue is beautiful. Totally worth that R48k on top of the R3k carbon frame. :P

Happy riding Evil’ers, I’ll try add more after I’ve ridden more.

was rad out there today and a good test to go do on various terrain 

From what I was told you looking at R50k for the frame.

please pm and mail me ;)

UK: £2850 

EU: €3199

around R54K / R55K overseas 

I heard they were going to be about R50 / R51k odd here as well. Better value in SA! 

please pm and mail me ;)

dude , 70mm stem is very long

how long are your arms ?

where is your saddle on the rails ?

I know, I don't ride it with a 70mm though, I ride 55mm just because 70mm on that bike is sin.

My arms are long for my height, saddle slammed all the forward in the rails. I don't want to move it back at all though - the seatpost is already extended very far out so I sit over the rear axle, so moving it further back would mean horrible pedalling.

To be honest, I don't know how anyone of 1.78m fits comfortably on a Med. I love this bike so much... just really wish I had gone for a Large, a Med is just too small.

Anyway, I don't wanna put a damper on this bike/thread though - the fault is my own that I didn't test ride both M and L. I just used guides and looked at reach (which is fine), but not TT length which is what matters when climbing in the saddle. Everyone is built different, so sizing charts are a guide to which sizes you must go test ride!

Edited by Grease_Monkey

was rad out there today and a good test to go do on various terrain

To date, my best ride yet, thank you matey ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder who is going to post the first Offering? 

Ok, let me do it ;)

But slightly different.

To give folks an idea of size and some 'prspective'

1st Rider Cam is 1.83cm

2nd Rider Brenton is 1.79cm

3rd Rider Craig is 1.74cm 

Frame size is the Medium Evil The Offering and 35mm stem.

2nd Rider rides the Following V1 & Following MB in a Large (saddle centred on rails with 45mm stem, 170mm OneUp Dropper and 170mm cranks only as recommended by Evil Bikes). I like a 35mm stem for Enduro racing and longer stem for outrides/proper mileage being done.

and the Wreckoning (saddle centred on rails with 45mm stem, 150mm OneUp dropper & 170mm cranks only as recommended) in a Medium.

Would then ride the Offering in either a Medium with 50mm stem or Large with stem length of 35mm. 

Also ride the Insurgent in a Large (saddle centred on rails with 35-40mm stem, 170mm OneUp Dropper and 170mm cranks only as recommended by Evil Bikes). This frame, for me, is interesting as the 650B Super Enduro because I would even go as far as riding the XL with the shortest stem I can get my hands on and push the saddle a little more forward on the rails. Is then my ideal setup for something like Esel Enduro etc Fast and rough stuff. Not to mention switching out the fork for a Tripple clamp and making it a Park/Freeride/DH beast as well.

The Calling in a Large too (saddle centred on rails with 35-45mm stem, 170mm OneUp Dropper and 170mm cranks only as recommended by Evil Bikes)

The MRP Ribbon fork is at the recommended 51mm offset. Dropper & saddle was fitted and dropped with about 9cm of post extension. Standover , as you can all see, is great 

On a side note: One can go up to a 150 and even 160mm fork (MRP 140, 145, 150, 155, 160mm travel options) travel playing around with various shallower offsets. Much can be done build wise with this frame. Very cool indeed.

MRP offers : 27.5+ / 29": 41, 46, or 51mm 

There ya go folks 

post-36678-0-68386800-1543504989_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-87050900-1543505006_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-93671200-1543505022_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bibi

Bunch of good looking bad ass dudes right there if I ever saw them ....  :P

Ok, let me do it ;)

But slightly different.

1st Rider Cam is 1.83cm

2nd Rider rides the Following V1 & Following MB in a Large (saddle centred on rails with 45mm stem, 170mm OneUp Dropper and 170mm cranks only as recommended by Evil Bikes). I like a 35mm stem for Enduro racing and longer stem for outrides/proper mileage being done.

and the Wreckoning (saddle centred on rails with 45mm stem, 150mm OneUp dropper & 170mm cranks only as recommended) in a Medium.

Would then ride the Offering in either a Medium with 50mm stem or Large with stem length of 35mm. 

The MRP Ribbon fork is at the recommended 51mm offset. Dropper & saddle was fitted and dropped with about 9cm of post extension. Standover , as you can all see, is great 

On a side note: One can go up to a 150 and even 160mm fork (MRP 140, 145, 150, 155, 160mm travel options) travel playing around with various shallower offsets. Much can be done build wise with this frame. Very cool indeed.

There ya go folks 

Bunch of good looking, bad-ass dudes right there if I ever saw me some  ...  :P

.... where does one apply to join this club ....? 

T

Ok, let me do it ;)

But slightly different.

1st Rider Cam is 1.83cm

There ya go folks