Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

So what does everyone think of the new reversed route? The start is going to be tough with Steyn City and Cedar, but the finish will be FAST once you turn onto Summit

routemap.pdf

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks legit.

Going to be a serious slog up from Witkoppen all the way to Nelson Mandela Bridge.

All bets are off regarding finish times and whether someone will make their sub 3 target, we will simply have to ride it and see.

In theory it is a loop, so the total distance and total climbing should be the same. But the way the climbs are sequenced will make the difference.

Actually looking forward to this fresh challenge.

What a load of rubbish! Go waste your time on your own!

Humble pie eaten.

Sorry in order....

Edited by love2fly

Not quite sure what to make of this. That start on Summit used to be brutal for me just because it dragged for so long so I'm glad that's gone. That being said, I doubt Steyn City and Cedar will be much better...

Jan Smuts up!! that will suck

Yup, but I reckon it might balance out Steyn City. Damn that place!!!!

Don't see the total elevation any ideas what it would be

Going out on a limb here but would be happy to be corrected: 

The total climbing meters should be the same if it is the same loop, just in reverse. What goes up must go down, which is true on a loop course, you end up at the same elevation you started.

But there might be a couple of minor route adjustments to be able to run in reverse, but it should be fairly similar, probably less than 5% change if I had to venture a guess.