Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First time around, not only for the 94.7, but any road ride. Still waiting for RaceTec to post my official time (is anyone else still waiting?) but I finished in 4:05 on my Garmin. Given my short time riding a bike and that I'm in my 50's, I'm more than happy with that. Obviously have nothing to compare the ride to but I found the route far more manageable than I was dreading. Speaking to some of my experienced mates, I probably lost quite a bit of time by riding alone and not having a group to work with.

Log a query as garyvdm said. If not up now there’s a glitch somewhere. Have already logged my query as racetec haven’t loaded my result in the generals classification,yet on there app they have.

I got to 78.5 km/h on Mtb and I have to agree the last 4 km is alot of fun.

I got 85 with zero pedaling and non aero as everytime I went down something would cramp up .. Lol

I maxed out at 75km/h. mainly because I kept my speed down on the steeper declines because the people around me were making me nervous

Also I'm older and not as brave as I used to be.

80km/h on the downhill to the finish.

Did not need to push harder, as I was nowhere near the front of the group. Would consider pushing it to the max there next year just to see what can be achieved.

73.4km on a 1x12 MTB. Ran out of gears to pedal faster on the descents. Now I know why roadies aren't 1x just yet

I probably lost quite a bit of time by riding alone and not having a group to work with.

This is exactly how I feel. I couldn't find anyone who could stay on my wheel on the climbs. But I'm more determined to go all out from the start next year.

73.4km on a 1x12 MTB. Ran out of gears to pedal faster on the descents. Now I know why roadies aren't 1x just yet

That and your ratios are just too far apart for real cadence efficiency.