Respraying?

medicnick83

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is going to worth watching from now .....shots fired!~

The other thread that I was initially directed too didn't have pictures either.

I don't doubt him, but word of mouth is another thing.

I know everyone has 'haters' and such, but I don't care for that politics - I prefer hearing peoples honest opinions.

R4k is alot of money and I'm going to have to save long and hard for that.

And besides, it will only be in everyone's benefits to have actual thoughts posted with pictures by owners. :)

True but with the proper policies in place you have nothing to worry about. Did both a Evil and Knolly for Trailtech recently and dont see them having a problem :thumbup:

Contacted Omnico directly to find out about respraying as i want to respray my Scalpel... NO GO.

They informed me that i will loose my warranty on my frame.  :thumbdown:

So you'd recommend him?

I got 2x PM's after I started this post telling me to keep clear of him.

I've seen his Instagram account and it's amazing, but what I want to see is people posting pictures of their rides that he did with reviews etc from those people

He (Bogus) quoted me R4k to do what I wanted.

Cool, that is all I wanted out of this thread.

I had no idea of what ballpark you guys were talking.

I am pretty sure that is a fair price for all the effort that goes into such a job, however for my machine I would have to go a different route as it is actually a very basic cheap machine that doesn't justify the cost.

If however I had a fancy custom build planned with the latest and greatest then adding that much for a proper paint job is a no-brainer, I'd do it.

So you'd recommend him?

I got 2x PM's after I started this post telling me to keep clear of him. ???? how can that be???

I've seen his Instagram account and it's amazing, but what I want to see is people posting pictures of their rides that he did with reviews etc from those people

Yes I Highly recommend him.

Still get a smile on my face after two years when I look at my bike :whistling:

Yes I Highly recommend him.

Still get a smile on my face after two years when I look at my bike :whistling:

Thanks for that. :)

So you'd recommend him?

Cool, that is all I wanted out of this thread.

I had no idea of what ballpark you guys were talking.

I am pretty sure that is a fair price for all the effort that goes into such a job, however for my machine I would have to go a different route as it is actually a very basic cheap machine that doesn't justify the cost.

If however I had a fancy custom build planned with the latest and greatest then adding that much for a proper paint job is a no-brainer, I'd do it.

Sounds like a lot of money but he needs to fix any blemishes made when bike was made (carbon frames) and prep the frame before spraying.He also doesn't use vinyl and all the decals are sprayed on.Your "new" frame will last a lifetime.

+1 for Anton :thumbup:

What were the complaints about?

Contacted Omnico directly to find out about respraying as i want to respray my Scalpel... NO GO.

They informed me that i will loose my warranty on my frame.  :thumbdown:

I assume you are the first owner of the sclapel. This makes sense.

I want to respray my Flash but i bought it second hand. So no problem. :) 

What were the complaints about?

That he's too busy and they need to wait a bit perhaps.? LOL

First complaints I've heard of so would be interesting to know even if just to go along with my popcorn.

Anton is busy with a 2nd frame for. I’ve got another one that will be sent to him in the near future

I'm on my 3rd custom Bogus bike. I still regret selling the first two as they were special bikes, but mostly of how unique and beautiful they were. If you do just a paint job then someone with a can should be able to sort you out, what Bogus does is full custom spray jobs with incredible detail and precision. Dream, he'll do it. 

Yes, turn around time isn't 3 days, but chat to him, book your bike in and set a mutually agreed deadline and you won't have issues. Keep in mind he does everything himself and by hand. That takes time.

To add: all logos, decals and fancy bits are also custom sprayed. No base color with vinyl on top that will peel over time. We are talking bespoke, detailed, custom artwork here. If R4k is too much, or you can't wait then that's all good. 

Only one bike did I have a chip or three, but all of those were due to me (baby seat) or transporting the bike in the back of a vehicle with several other bikes. Even more amazing is the fact that Bogus was able to fix the chips without so much as a hint of where he worked. I don't know how he does it!

ccs-58780-0-94871100-1498815195.jpg

ccs-41808-0-65869400-1404309014.jpg

ccs-62657-0-82643500-1428587409.jpg

what was the cost to spray your bike to this?

if it was R4k its a bargain!

post-1575-0-82094600-1405154165.jpg

post-1575-0-62333100-1405154296.jpg

post-1575-0-30604500-1405154421.jpg

To the guys who credit me for my work i humbly thank you. I take pride in what i do and appreciate the support more than you will ever know.  

To the people who talk smack behind my back i also humbly thank you because it just shows your character.

I will not get involved in any popcorn battles or handbag slinging contests on open forum but be assured, dont play with my livelihood by means of slander and badmouthing my work as the wheel turns and it will come back to you in 10 fold  -_-

I have said numerous times on this here Bikehub that i am only human and yes i do make mistakes BUT i have and never will shy away from them. If you have a problem talk to me and i will fix it, i am a reasonable oke. I will also not know if there is a problem to rectify, or if you are not happy if i am not told about it, simple as that. Feel free to email me at any time, my email address is freely available on my profile.

Archived