PainCave "Fight Night" Powered By Buycycle.co.za - SA's ZWIFT Race

Christian van Zyl

HARD race again last night. Just missed 1 acceleration and got dropped again :blush:

Note to self: DON'T BLINK :eek:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. How many races are left in the series? Haven't been able to get onto 1 yet. Young family and work keeping me busy. Buy staying up to date with the posts here and it seems everyone has been enjoying the racing so far. Great to see so many Saffas on Zwift.

On another point, I started a team on ZwiftPower specifically focused at South Africans. Considering the quality of riders we have on Zwift, I think we can put a mean team together that can compete in some of the other racing leagues on Zwift.

I'm not sure how the recruting function works on ZwiftPower so would appreciate some advice if anyone has any insight? 

Also notice that many of the South Africans are already racing for other teams. But if there are any of you keen to race for a South African focused team, let me know.

No idea on how many events are done and what the current progress and standings are - I don't think the information has been put together.

Can someone maybe give us a overview and progress detail?

That final downhill sprint... Why Why Why. :cursing:

Smart trainer + Above = Fail.. :thumbdown:

or maybe i should just get ride of my compact (50)  :ph34r:

First event was 6 June, I think that makes last night's the 8th round. That should leave 17 rounds, more than enough to get your 10. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for the silence over the last couple of weeks....there was this little event called TransBaviaans that we were all involved in.......

Anyway we are back and the series is definitely still ongoing. We have been giving some thought on how we track the series and hence we can then start allocating leaderboards and prizes. What we are in agreement with, is that unless you are registered on Zwift Power you will  not be eligible for any positions or leaderboards. (but remember the main focus here is to have some fun!)

We will be taking the your top 10 results over the 25 - so there is still time to register.

We are also working on getting an earlier slot between 6:45 and 7pm which will hopefully suit a lot more people.

Besides that we will see you on the course tonight!

Was great to be racing again last night!!

We had just under 40 riders in the race.

The Innsbruck course is definitely challenging. Well done to James Barnes who got the win averaging 4.9 w /kg (i have a feeling he had to work for that one!) and 5.3 w/kg for the climb!

post-16497-0-27745900-1535617292_thumb.jpeg

post-16497-0-43638600-1535617308_thumb.jpeg

Just found this thread now - looks like awesome motivation to have a killer workout.

I'll def be on the start line next Wednesday!  :clap:

Hey guys, heads up....we've managed to move Fight Night to 6:40pm.

I know a lot of you had some issues with it starting so late, so Zwift have allowed us to secure another time slot at 6:40pm on Wednesday, which we are going to try out.

This week we are back in Innsbruck for another fast climbing lap!

See you all out there!!

Terrible news - That's right smackdab in the middle of Kiddies bath and bed times... :thumbdown:

Will have to see if I am going to join any further events - doubt it. :wacko: