Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That puncture would’ve hurt Alan and Matt as that leader’s jersey is such a special prize

May they have better luck ????????????????

Where is the live streams? 

Inthebunch only seems to be listing recorded pieces of the start at the moment.

Cape-Epic FB page similar.

G

Spot only updates every 5min. I really don’t know why they bother. The key advantage is the easy sos beacon.

Where is the live streams? 

Inthebunch only seems to be listing recorded pieces of the start at the moment.

Cape-Epic FB page similar.

G

Can’t even blame Eishkom,.....well I can.

Spot only updates every 5min. I really don’t know why they bother. The key advantage is the easy sos beacon.

5 minutes would be fine if it were working. Some riders have warp speed the way the spots are all over the place (or the riders cannot navigate, right now all the top woman are way off course). Many that are not logging appear to have been beamed up to wherever. Scott(y)?

They are getting epic weather this year. Must be the easiest Cape Epic for years weatherwise.

Easier for europeans...but no means easy.

Does anyone know why Gallileo Risk is not in the Ladies Red jersey? Dorma-Kaba is wearing the jerseys but they finished behind them yesterday...

Does anyone know why Gallileo Risk is not in the Ladies Red jersey? Dorma-Kaba is wearing the jerseys but they finished behind them yesterday...

They took a Risk to draft on Table Mountain Road and got slammed with a penalty.  (30min according to Supersport HL last night)

Pretty sure i heard the elites/front is allowed to draft each other, the non competing guys are not allowed to draft the ladies for example.

30min, thats like a ail in a coffin though.

G

They took a Risk to draft on Table Mountain Road and got slammed with a penalty.  (30min according to Supersport HL last night)

... either these trackers are fkud... or ye... think they useless.

Showing Canyon as still at start.

Kulhavy is like 20+ km behind...

if you can't trust it then it's of no value...

:(

G

Pretty sure i heard the elites/front is allowed to draft each other, the non competing guys are not allowed to draft the ladies for example.

30min, thats like a ail in a coffin though.

G

I'm just saying what I heard the commentator said so not sure what the rules are.  That being said I would assume a prologue means no drafting allowed.  If you are racing at the front end of the field you should really know the rules like the palm of your hand, no excuses there. 

Ditto

This was actually a comment by the commentators yesterday when there was some drafting and someone went and had a look, this was the reply about couple of minutes later.

G

I'm just saying what I heard the commentator said so not sure what the rules are.  That being said I would assume a prologue means no drafting allowed.  If you are racing at the front end of the field you should really know the rules like the palm of your hand, no excuses there.