Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you mean like what? The guy's *** attitude and what ever goes on in his head is his biggest enemy

Oh, sorry man. I thought you had actual facts about his mental state, but it seems you are an expert at observing someone on tv and making a proper diagnosis. Should have just said so from the start.

I guess we will see when the Epic starts.

Was down yesterday morning... Smooth as baby bottom.

they "fixed it before last years prologue too but it was trashed by 8am after the first 90min of the worlds best mountain bikers...

they "fixed it before last years prologue too but it was trashed by 8am after the first 90min of the worlds best mountain bikers...

Ja, but this year they gave up on repairing the easy exit and really stuffed up the fun bottom bit. I'm not happy about the way they ruined the trail by smashing away the existing rock.

Ja, but this year they gave up on repairing the easy exit and really stuffed up the fun bottom bit. I'm not happy about the way they ruined the trail by smashing away the existing rock.

Has anyone ever ridden the Epic and not told everyone?

Asking for a friend.....

I dunno but when I did it in 2016 the prologue got moved to boringdal

Jewbacca you just sound jealous

hahahaha nah

Riding the same/similar stuff for 7.5 days in a row with that many people honestly doesn't appeal to me at all.

I am lucky enough to do/have done week long races that are far more fun and far more testing...

I was just having a light hearted dig at how the joke can be blurred between Epic riders, cross fitters and Bishops boys  :ph34r:

There are going to be a few very tired people taking a walk on the Jonkershoek day though. They have chosen some really fun trail but there will be back log and walking down the field. There is nowhere to overtake on Armageddon and it's long!

Good luck to everyone starting today!

Edited by Jewbacca

Ive spent a bit of time watching the youtube route vids - quite cool. I find myself looking foreward to the tv coverage, as these tracks are my usual fare.

I must say that on some of technical terrain the areas they show, I feel waaaay more comfortable on my trail bike. Bigger disks, a bit more travel, dropper post (good move, Nino) and trail tires changed my ride form "holding on for dear life" to having fun.

Also, the route seems string together one technical descent after the other on some days, which will expose a lack of technical riding skill.

INTHEBUNCH...

By demanding that the viewer have Flash on his player it means we can't stream it on a iPad... BIG MISTAKE...

G