• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you!

Update : 3 bottles on the final version :whistling:

Where does the third bottle go?

Edit: I see you answered that q in your previous post.

Edited by I_my_own_bike

under the Downtube --- Munga , Freedom Challenge, Tour Divide etc. just an option if you need/want it. the front triangle fits 2 full size bottles comfortably already too. 

Under the downtube. Skuins bo die BB. Right there where the front sprays up all the muck.

Under the downtube. Skuins bo die BB. Right there where the front sprays up all the muck.

yip - like the Enduro Bikes and those that cannot take 2 in the Front Triangle - it is just an option that does not cost anything and for those that like to do the serious endurance stuff ( self-assisted and no water points for hours ) this adds some value and shows we care about the details  :thumbup:

Yeah but that isn't an issue because it is for storage only. Remove lid and the water is clean. Boom. I personally store my tools there on my Yeti. No issues at all.

A lot of moans and groans on this thread but nothing really constructive? A South African brand that is trying its best to keep up with international trends. Instead of bashing maybe offer some real world insight into what you would like a dual sus mtb to have on it?

under the Downtube --- Munga , Freedom Challenge, Tour Divide etc. just an option if you need/want it. the front triangle fits 2 full size bottles comfortably already too. 

and what is the riding position ?

going for the win, or a hopefully just finishing ?

EDIT:

I mean is this racing geometry or relaxed comfy ?

hold your horses --- final version is already in SA and will be debuting it at SA's largest and most prestigious ENDURANCE RACE on the calendar - hope to see you there, you can come see the chain stays in the flesh ( weave )  :thumbup:

Looking for anyone to test it on that prestigious race? *hands up*

My 2016 VIPA getting a bit long in the tooth.

The "modern trail geometry" for xc bikes - I don`t ride bikes with a geometry suitable for orangutans.

Looking for anyone to test it on that prestigious race? *hands up*

My 2016 VIPA getting a bit long in the tooth.

Those teeth are only halfway compared to my 2014 one... :whistling:

Looking forward to seeing it "in the flesh" at the prestigious race, but it might be hard to give it back if I volunteer to test it!

Those teeth are only halfway compared to my 2014 one... :whistling:

Looking forward to seeing it "in the flesh" at the prestigious race, but it might be hard to give it back if I volunteer to test it!

We could see who's racked up the most km's on their respective VIPAs as a way of saving Mr Momsen the hassle of choosing between us, but I'll stick with I PUT MY HAND UP FIRST SO BACK OFF!

correct - as we made 3 prototypes - yes, 3 in existence for the Cape Epic ...

the purpose of Cape Epic - to RIDE and RACE IT in real world conditions -- oh, and that NEON YELLOW - just to get you guys all hot under the collar and make sure you notice the bike out on the trail!

some German brands chose to ride without branding, we chose WITH BRANDING. personal choice I guess?

hold your horses --- final version is already in SA and will be debuting it at SA's largest and most prestigious ENDURANCE RACE on the calendar - hope to see you there, you can come see the chain stays in the flesh ( weave )  :thumbup:

Endurance bike race... Endurance race that involves bikes is a little broad.

So you're debuting it at the 2019 RASA Freedom Challenge?

yip - like the Enduro Bikes and those that cannot take 2 in the Front Triangle - it is just an option that does not cost anything and for those that like to do the serious endurance stuff ( self-assisted and no water points for hours ) this adds some value and shows we care about the details :thumbup:

Yes it's definitely worth it for the cost of two additional rivnuts.

Out of a Bikepacking* viewpoint I dig the third mount. I'll put a 1L bottle there and put less on my back. Or use a lidded bottle, chuck one or both of the frame bottles and make a custom frame pack.

*Bikepacking is basically extended multiple marathons type riding.

Endurance bike race... Endurance race that involves bikes is a little broad.

So you're debuting it at the 2019 RASA Freedom Challenge

Probably Trans Baviaans

Yeah but that isn't an issue because it is for storage only. Remove lid and the water is clean. Boom. I personally store my tools there on my Yeti. No issues at all.

A lot of moans and groans on this thread but nothing really constructive? A South African brand that is trying its best to keep up with international trends. Instead of bashing maybe offer some real world insight into what you would like a dual sus mtb to have on it?

I may have come across a bit strong there. I dig the third bottle mount, but I won't drink from a bottle there if has been sprayed with brown stuff that might be mud.

The seat-tube length of 432mm is perfect for me, but the reach of 451mm is too long for me, this I can work around by using a 30mm stem. The wheelbase of 1156mm is too long for me and there is no workaround for this. Most of these new "modern geometry" bikes just does not fit me properly. The Scott Spark has a "modern geometry" where the reach and wheelbase is not too long in relation to the seatpost length.