Football

IceCreamMan

Well deserved permanent position for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

you know, I like Ole, even as a player I liked his disposition and broad smile and genuine enjoyment of winning and scoring. 

As a manager, I like Ole , I like his approach with the players etc....

now the bad bit. In MY OPINION , ole will fail in the long run. (hows that for a prediction ) and will not last the 3 years of his contract. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, I like Ole, even as a player I liked his disposition and broad smile and genuine enjoyment of winning and scoring.

now the bad bit. In MY OPINION , ole will fail in the long run. (hows that for a prediction ) and will not last the 3 years of his contract.

Goodness me quite a prediction ????

I hope it doesn't happen but football is very unpredictable.

I tend to agree... and it's not much to do with him, it's just the way the game is these days.

Management is as much about adaptation as it is respect, and much of the respect a manager gets is down to their history and accomplishments as a manager - these buy some managers more time than others. A bit of a buffer for when things go wrong... because they do generally go wrong at some point.

When they do, it's up to the manager to get things back on track and quick... sentiment falls away fast. So now, while things are peachy and rosy, Ole is the old golden boy, a throw back to the Fergie days and ways.

But if things go wrong or his tactics get found out, or in fixing them he maybe ousts a out of form Pogba, or reverts to a boring dull playing style, or whatever - if the results aren't there, and the product isn't inline with Man Utd expectations, he very quickly becomes the kid with no big team experience, no CV, who's lost the dressing room, who's great start was based just on getting the feel good factor back in a lost dressing room...

Hopefully we're wrong, what's not to like about Ole! But history would suggest this likely won't end well... Zidane aside, I can think of very, very few times these fairy tale stories have ended well

I tend to agree... and it's not much to do with him, it's just the way the game is these days.

Management is as much about adaptation as it is respect, and much of the respect a manager gets is down to their history and accomplishments as a manager - these buy some managers more time than others. A bit of a buffer for when things go wrong... because they do generally go wrong at some point.

When they do, it's up to the manager to get things back on track and quick... sentiment falls away fast. So now, while things are peachy and rosy, Ole is the old golden boy, a throw back to the Fergie days and ways.

But if things go wrong or his tactics get found out, or in fixing them he maybe ousts a out of form Pogba, or reverts to a boring dull playing style, or whatever - if the results aren't there, and the product isn't inline with Man Utd expectations, he very quickly becomes the kid with no big team experience, no CV, who's lost the dressing room, who's great start was based just on getting the feel good factor back in a lost dressing room...

Hopefully we're wrong, what's not to like about Ole! But history would suggest this likely won't end well... Zidane aside, I can think of very, very few times these fairy tale stories have ended well

Yep..doesn't matter how successful a coach is at some point more is always needed... look at Juve..Allegri has been great at Juve but yet he still comes under criticism when the tactics don't work or team don't play well (united second game, Atletico away game).

It is a crazy unforgiving game with crazy expectations.

Liverpool vs Spurs on Sunday... should be a real cracker.

Anfield not been great for us the last few years, but the pressure on them and them having to get the win does give Poch some cards to play.

If we can get through the first half hour without conceding I reckon we might well even win it, we're a very handy team on the counter attack and also back near to full strength - maybe just a bit light in midfield.

I suspect we'll play three center backs with Rose and Trippier at wingback - hopefully getting some good balls in the box for Kane and Alli.
And Son as a very hand outlet to get in behind Liverpools backline.

Just need to batten down the hatches early on, because they'll no doubt be throwing the kitchen sink at us

COYS

Ole does not really a great pedigree as a manager. Look, I could be wrong an while I would love the fairy tale I don’t see it happening.

We wait n see, for now the United fans are happy.

Ole does not really a great pedigree as a manager. Look, I could be wrong an while I would love the fairy tale I don’t see it happening.

We wait n see, for now the United fans are happy.

Yip, I'd actually wager he won't make the end of next season... things can unravel really quickly.

If they don't get top 4 this year it will already start cranking up the pressure

Not sure about how well Ole will do, but a good indication will be the type of players he buys, sells or even promote from the first team. How he improves the squad will be a huge factor as is for any manager of course.

Yip, I'd actually wager he won't make the end of next season... things can unravel really quickly.

If they don't get top 4 this year it will already start cranking up the pressure

It has a bit of a 'Kenny back to Liverpool' whiff to it.

First half season goes well because the players are just happy the previous idiot is out the door, reality tends to set in during the second season.

I'm personally looking forward to Ole doing what he did at Cardiff which involved buying a bunch of players from Molde, via a dodgy agent that spends a lot of time in court defending his business practices (and purely coincidentally happens to be Ole'e best buddy and co-owner of a joint business venture or two), only for said players to barely see the pitch because they are a bit rubbish.

Edited by marko35s

Massive error from Lloris... He has IMO turned into an average keeper as he really have some crazy moments.

Game of 2 halves, Spurs didn't deserve to lose that but alas.

Pool still needing to get 3 points each game and hoping United can pull something outv the hat at Old Trafford on 24/04.

Should be interesting battle for 3rd and 4th place

Spurs only had 1 job today.

Lloris not to throw a soft header into our defender and ultimately the net?

Jeepers I was flooking at the tv last night... especially after Sissoko's miss as well. 

Liverpool are not looking like champions, but they keep getting the results - this is the third gaffe from a keeper that has won them a game late on. 

They might start thinking it's one of those written in the stars scenarios, but they really do need to start playing better or it's going to go wrong eventually

And man, we're really in a bun fight for 4th now... play like the second half yesterday though and I won't be too worried. 5 of our last 7 games at home in the new stadium as well... it would be heart breaking to not have Champions league football next year

And man, we're really in a bun fight for 4th now... play like the second half yesterday though and I won't be too worried. 5 of our last 7 games at home in the new stadium as well... it would be heart breaking to not have Champions league football next year

Yeah they spent far too much of the first half just kicking long balls to the front that Kane countless times lost the aerial battle.. second half was so much better..unlucky towards the end.. players just completely lost focus..these things happen...they shouldn't..but they do

Liverpool haven't been playing well for moths now...still say the way to beat them is to just give them the ball..take away their strength..their counter attack..more often than not they will lose the ball in midfield which would create an opening as they don't get into their defensive formation.

Last games will be interesting..

Edited by Gen