Garmin LiveTrack

brad890

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having issues with Garmin Connect and live track?

I've been using it quite a lot over the last 2 years, however this last month I keep having issues when trying to start a livetrack. I keep getting an "unable to send invites, please try again later" error.

I've spoken to the guys at Garmin and they cant tell me if the problem is my side or theirs.

Have reset the device, reinstalled the app and allowed full permissions on my phone, my edge is connecting to the app perfectly, rides are uploading automatically.

Otherwise are there any other apps out there that could track my phone's location when requested? The livetrack was nice to have as I do a lot of my training on my own in the bush.

I have also had issues with Livetrack over the last few months, so much so that I gave up using it.

It would work sometimes, other times not - I beleive it's an issue on Garmin's side.

*Edit: If you have Strava premium, you can use Beacon instead.

Edited by Schnavel

I also use it every now and again. But even in areas with good cell reception it is not actually "live" on the phone of the person tracking you. I often get back home and it's telling my wife I'm only halfway into my ride. When in areas with poor reception it's almost of no use. Never had issues starting it though, as long as there is cell reception at the start to send the invite.

I used it this weekend, but for some reason the "trackers"  could not see the information being shared.  I do like it a bit more than the whatsapp sharing, as it gives an view of the distance covered (which is especially nice when doing an event) 

Whatsapp share live location...

I also use whatsapp live tracking.............garmin live tracking is a mission !

Whatsapp share live location...

This usually occurs when there is an update for your device. 

I have previously resolved the problem by trying to re-install a previous version before the update with the help of google. I know there is a website with all the updates for all devices.  :thumbup:

It is a useless add on. My wife keeps telling me i never left my driveway. Garmin not exactly interested in fixing it it seems. I use Strava Beacon now which seems to work better.

I use it 6 days a week, have occasionally had issues but for the most part it works fine.

820 with a Samsung S7. I always keep the firmware and app up to date.

I think a separate GPS tracking device like Spot or the quarq unit is much more reliable. I have endless problems with Garmin live track

sorry for the hijack, anyone experience issues with the "incident detection" on the 820?

Keep sending sms's out to emergency contacts

That thing is flippen sensitive. Brake too hard and off goes the alarm and try to cancel the emergency notification.....

That thing is flippen sensitive. Brake too hard and off goes the alarm and try to cancel the emergency notification.....

Mine has only gone off once when I did not crash. I was standing still adjusting my helmet strap and next this this alarm just starts blaring...  :eek:

Mine has only gone off once when I did not crash. I was standing still adjusting my helmet strap and next this this alarm just starts blaring...  :eek:

Wonder if its maybe only the 820 with this problem, i have friends that;s using the 520 and 1000 with no issues.