[Event] Trans Baviaans Race

Seamus Allardice

I don't know if I should be happy or terrified that its 23 weeks away.

I had a decent December of riding, but a lot of work and travelling commitments took its toll from mid Jan to mid Feb. Back on the horse now though, and my "diligent" 3 rides per week seems to at least be getting me somewhere. Well, if my intervals.icu fitness number is anything to go by.

Trying to do 2 hard rides in the week and a Z2-Z4 4hr ride every weekend. I'm not very structured and not sticking to a rigorous plan, but I can feel I'm getting stronger again and still enjoying it mostly. Defaulting more and more to hard outdoor rides rather than indoor interval sessions as I struggle to find motivation to do them.

Luckily I have a teammate that just did a 2h36 CTCT, and a strong bungee cord :)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I don't have an entry just yet  :eek:. Last year I only got an entry in July  :thumbdown:. For now I will try and keep my fitness up by doing some "short" spinning sessions  :D

Aren't we suppose to start the 23 week training plan this week??! [emoji2955]

• 2 months later...

Assuming everyone's seen the news by now. Officially moved out to the 23rd and 30th of January 2021 for the race and repeat respectively.

Think its going to be an interesting challenge. should have a lot more daylight to work with, but feeling very nervous about the temperatures that will be crazy most probably.

I was keeping track of the status of this one to see if we might have (highly optimistic I know) events in August.

So no events in August it seems, moving on to Karoo 2 Coast in September as my next tracker...