[Event] Trans Baviaans Race

Seamus Allardice

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Johan

Unfortunately one do feel quite despondent when one of the team members slogs up every climb and everyone else hangs around for him / her. 

Yes, I also felt after my dismal performance in 2015 that I had a point to prove. Fortunately that feeling has gone  :whistling:  

Snip

They mentioned at the prize giving that the road surface will be sorted by this weekend. Yes, it was great weather, I rode with a shirt, arm warmers and a skillet up to CP5 before putting on some warmer kit. 

Logistics remains an absolute nightmare - it is probably the single biggest reason I'm always hesitant to enter it again. 

Was a great experience and we finished strong. 

?

<snipped good stuff>

thanks for this report. You and your mates are good men for helping in the way you did. kudos

Driving down, taking leave, trying to get accommodation. Or alternatively flying down renting a car getting to the event arranging support drivers etc etc etc. It's a real mission to sort out all of those things just to be able to get to the starting line. 

?

They mentioned at the prize giving that the road surface will be sorted by this weekend. Yes, it was great weather, I rode with a shirt, arm warmers and a skillet up to CP5 before putting on some warmer kit. 

Logistics remains an absolute nightmare - it is probably the single biggest reason I'm always hesitant to enter it again. 

Was a great experience and we finished strong. 

Is the part about the road being sorted for this coming weekend confirmed?

i would rather not let them touch the road, the wind looks to be from the front the whole way, we going to be eating lots of stof for hours

Is the part about the road being sorted for this coming weekend confirmed?

I would take this with a bag of salt or typical Wikus humour.

As Vetseun said earlier on the thread, prepare for the worst(get your mind right) and it won't be so bad, nothing you can do about it but ride what you get, including weather and road conditions.

I'll be doing a family ride with Tyron this weekend so won't be holding on to you guys this time round... we all know the real race is actually next weekend when milky and I will give it a go  :ph34r:

I am looking forward to  you and Milky's results. In my opinion definitely part of the break away group.