[Event] Trans Baviaans Race

Seamus Allardice

Im not going to cry about the road surface. Rather just HTFU and take it.

You see, once I have finished crying about the road surface and I go and have a look, the road is going to look exactly the same as it did before I started crying about it.

I dont waste energy on things that I cannot change. If the surface is shite or the wind blows or it rains , I can do absolutely eff all about it.

So what the hell. Head down and take it cupcake.

How was your race?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this. Get yourselves waterproof socks. Can put them on from the beginning.

I just put some insulation tape around the top to make sure of the seal at cp3. Rode most of langwater. Got off with about 5 m to the step up. So shoes were completely drenched.

But lo and behold. Feet were dry inside the socks. And because air can't get to you feet through the sock, your feet don't freeze

So Team Savage is klaar3ba5840c60ebd64a75b91b866c616ff2.jpg

I have never been so excited waiting for updates on WhatsApp! Boys rode really well, I can’t wait for his write up!

• 3 months later...

I have not done the 36One before but the Baviaans is lots of fun

Hey all

Anyone done this race and 36One?

Would love to know how they compare ?

I will get an entry later in 2020 when some folks realize that the 300km worth of training they have done for the year will not cut it  :D.

Haha jip also in two minds about when to enter. And still trying to get a lekker team together to try and go for sub 11 hours

Hey all

Anyone done this race and 36One?

Would love to know how they compare ?

No comparison. I find 36One much tougher - apart from the distance it is more climbing per km and the fact that you only start late in the day brings fatigue into the equation much earlier. Heat is also a much bigger factor(for me at the back end) than for Trans.

How many team members are you looking for? 

11 hours is going to be quite a fast time to get  :D

Haha jip also in two minds about when to enter. And still trying to get a lekker team together to try and go for sub 11 hours

I will get an entry later in 2020 when some folks realize that the 300km worth of training they have done for the year will not cut it  :D.

If you need a partner give me a shout :thumbup: