One Tonner 2018

Tjommie

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sir would be me as the first victim and two more after that.  the one burst a rear tire braking not to hit me in the back and the other broke his rear derailed (bummer). hitting the deck as well.

We all got up unscaved (in the broken any body parts department). so i consider us very very lucky indeed.  The PPA route petrol bus arrived luckily 5 minutes later, patched up my arm and i went on to finish.  Felt bad for the other two that had to get on the bus due to the bikes not being roadworthy after that.  But its ma part of the game i guess and super stoked that we all got off so lightly. - i knew something was up when i could only find my long fingered gloves....

On the matter of the Heat:  I was being sterilized by the medics at the finish line by the medics when the race DR was called in to make a call on the heat and if the race should continue.  I did't stick around for that, but from what i picked up is that it was already 38deg and they were  seriously worried for the back markers on the long route.  I must say that HK bunch on the 109km already caught after some of those groups after hells and then at regular intervals after that before we peeled of at windmeul - i was thinking that i was glad im doing the short one, cause its gonna be a long day in that heat and youre only there now.

i was out in front of the bunch when i heard the ohhhh, looked back and saw the one on the tarmac holding his head, saw the second one on a white bike going for the bushes......All i said to my self...wasn't me....glad you guys are ok and nothing too serious...

Question, I didn't have my RaceTec chip with me. What are the chances I will be able to submit my file with HR and Power through to them to credit me with a result? 

This is digging deep, this is when your mind and body seperate !!

Would love to hear this guy's story. At what distance was this taken? Did he finish?

Was at the end of the Kromme Rhee road, just after the water tables, +- 8km left. Not sure if he was a 109km or 170km rider.

Brakkies only 50 photos on your Facebook page - any more?

@cookie88 :-)  Daar is nog baie, ek moet werk deur die dag en kan net met die pics speel as ek vanaand by die huis is.

Aan die 60-70kg's outjies wat worry oor 20gram handle bar strap ,  Hierdie ou trap gou die 109km plat en dan moet hy sorg hy is betyds vir sy 12h00 gim afspraak.

post-30-0-45210600-1540816962_thumb.jpg

Question, I didn't have my RaceTec chip with me. What are the chances I will be able to submit my file with HR and Power through to them to credit me with a result?

I did the same thing and........ Forgot to switch GPS on, until half way up helshoogte [emoji58].

My time wasn't recorded by my RaceTec despite wearing it on my shoe. I queried my result time (or lack thereof) and sent in my Garmin file and now have an official time. Try login to your RaceTec profile and follow the steps in the 'Query my results' tab. They were pretty efficient getting back to me. Not sure what the exact rules are if you didn't wear one  :wacko: but worth a try. 

Not quite time trialling away, but I do still have my arm warmers on ;)

IMG-20151021-WA0003.jpg

You were super strong, nice to have seen the legend in action, even if out of form ...

Whenever you went to the front the group went into single file and some guys just didn't even wanna follow you anymore which frustrated me...

Some comments ...

"Just let him go I have burn't all my matches"

"That guy in the red killed me hels"

I'm the guy with the Silverback Space bike and Most Claw 58mm wheels.

The Lone Ranger

That looks like that 2% gradient of the endless Kromme Rhee Rd.

I've had my bad days there. Know every piece of square metre tar, searching for something.  :huh:

Archived