Kingsbury Hospital - Orthopedic Surgeon

Anyone know of a decent Orthopedic surgeon at the above hospital to take out some Titanium Pins from my hip ?

I cant go to my nearest hospital as the Ex works there, so this is my next nearest and also close to a friend who may need to fetch me afterwards.

Thanks

Clive White - but personally I would ask the original surgeon to do it - given that he put it in and he knows your history.

Ex wife's workplace or not - just tell the surgeon you don't want her involved in any way with your surgery, care or administration if it worries you.

What V12 said... also, this is serious stuff and vacant comments probably topic-inappropriate 

Thanks guy's. Just rather not be around the ex wife and all the surgeon's that have worked with her all the years. Still very hard to take when I see her so try not to.

The pins are pretty standard to remove so any expert should cope.

You could ask the original surgeon to do it at another hospital. Explain why and your ex should not know anything.

Otherwise ask him to refer you to another surgeon. The original surgeon will know if any "challenges" were faced during the 1st op which may complicate removing the pins. The 2nd surgeon will need to get your medical records etc anyway.

You could ask the original surgeon to do it at another hospital. Explain why and your ex should not know anything.

Otherwise ask him to refer you to another surgeon. The original surgeon will know if any "challenges" were faced during the 1st op which may complicate removing the pins. The 2nd surgeon will need to get your medical records etc anyway.

XRays are pretty much available to anyone who needs to look as they are online and not more than a year old when I was last checked for a clicking noise in my hip.

Original surgeon put my alignment out by a bit so probably better to try another guy.

XRays are pretty much available to anyone who needs to look as they are online and not more than a year old when I was last checked for a clicking noise in my hip.

Original surgeon put my alignment out by a bit so probably better to try another guy.

There are several brands of screws....They will most likely communicate anyway.

Anyone know of a decent Orthopedic surgeon at the above hospital to take out some Titanium Pins from my hip ?

I cant go to my nearest hospital as the Ex works there, so this is my next nearest and also close to a friend who may need to fetch me afterwards.

Thanks

tell the ex. to take the day off when you visit :P

Clive White - but personally I would ask the original surgeon to do it - given that he put it in and he knows your history.

Ex wife's workplace or not - just tell the surgeon you don't want her involved in any way with your surgery, care or administration if it worries you.

^^^ Most important quote on the thread.

Your ex not-withstanding, sticking with your original surgeon is preferred, but not essential, but communication with him is key when requesting a referral so that he can consult the new surgeon about any complications with your hip or health, etc.

Not sure if your ex assists in theatre or just works in the wards, but being in a different ward as to the one she works in should also put you out of reach.

But I guess I can try understand that you would just prefer to be as far away as possible.

There are several brands of screws....They will most likely communicate anyway.

Looks like any 4 pound hammer and a chisel should be able to remove  :D

post-31497-0-83057100-1535799183_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...