Tour de France 2019

gummibear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised to why the press and commentators are shocked about Nibali.. he stated very clearly that he will target stages etc.. he rode a very good Giro it would always have been unlikely that he would be able to target GC.. yes it is Nibali and you never know but I think everyone knew that GC would be incredibly difficult

No need to be sorry I'll get over it, it'll take more than some or other powder to get over my genetic limitations which I have fortunately already accepted [emoji6]

I will not be fooled by this comment. 

They are only departing at 13h45... this has been the longest rest day EVER!

Given that it is one for the sprinters, and the lack of wind, we will only see some form of action after 17h00 this afternoon.

But we have been spoiled with some great racing in the first half of the Tour, so can't complain.

(Can't believe we are halfway already) :eek:

Looking at the live tracking it seems Bling has fallen off the bunch, anyone watching that can see whats happening?

I am surprised to why the press and commentators are shocked about Nibali.. he stated very clearly that he will target stages etc.. he rode a very good Giro it would always have been unlikely that he would be able to target GC.. yes it is Nibali and you never know but I think everyone knew that GC would be incredibly difficult

He better perform as he stated - I picked him on the basis that he would win a stage or two, and perhaps on the GC/KOM top 10.

He better perform as he stated - I picked him on the basis that he would win a stage or two, and perhaps on the GC/KOM top 10.

Yeah me too[emoji2957]

Sorry to add to the squashing of dreams... If you read up on the topic you also see it is way more safe and efficient to be in nutritional ketosis(where your body produces the ketones along with a bunch of other important goodies) instead of using supplements to get there artificially by ingesting the chemically constructed kentones.

Long story short, the 'ol Tim Noakes diet is our best bet to get lean AND get your ketone levels up.

The theory is your body then runs on the fats and ketones for a greater proportion of your "race", at higher and higher intensities, thus your glycogen stores are left more intact to be called upon in those really intense efforts near the end.

Long story short: Get your diet right.

(Sorry)

Sorry to squash more dream here but Tims diet will not a F get you through or near to a GT.

Just Google what they eat. Tim wouldn't approve. Also, Tim's diet isn't universal, it does not work for everyone. So.... one cannot generalise like that.

People far smarter than us set their diets. I am assuming they work.

tenor.gif?itemid=3482842

Archived