Cannondale SuperSix HillClimb <5kgs

UK-Saffa

Those hoods are on a 4.42kg 58cm C'dale Himod, which still has a 2 x 11 group and full bars :D

its the inspiration for my build, to try and stay as 'standard' as possible while achieving a goal weight

That's really light but think you should leave yours as is for now  :thumbup:  :drool:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really light but think you should leave yours as is for now :thumbup: :drool:

I have 2 more changes coming, skewers and fork, and then I’ll have a ‘finished’ weight.

I will continue eBay searching for certain items, where I know I can save weight, but am not willing to pay retail prices for said items. ????????

As cool as this is, dont get me wrong, how much does this weight saving actually matter? Is it just for the satisfaction of getting the bike sub 5? (which i get). But man, 100g is like 3 sips of water.. Rotational mass aside, does it make a difference whether extra weight is on the bike as apposed to on your body?

As cool as this is, dont get me wrong, how much does this weight saving actually matter? Is it just for the satisfaction of getting the bike sub 5? (which i get). But man, 100g is like 3 sips of water.. Rotational mass aside, does it make a difference whether extra weight is on the bike as apposed to on your body?

It's not about logic or common sense

It's a hobby for some cyclists - a form of extreme fun and obsession

Think miniature trains ???? Or complex Lego art

Edited by 'Dale

It's all about getting to the top of the hill as fast as possible.1/100th of a second can be the difference between winning and taking silver.

As said there is no logic or common sense behind it, just a hobby / slight obessesion with reaching a goal. However, I completely understand where you are coming from. Another way I look at it is, there weather is white here 10 months of the year, so in those 2 decent months, I want to ride something special, and this is my ‘something special’

So with all the sensible stuff done with, here is tonight’s effort. New TUNE skewers fitted, bar tape rewrapped and stretched as tight as possible, and 30mm’s cut off the drops

81grams left to loose

No idea why the picture is rotated ????

post-104156-0-74085700-1539202423_thumb.jpeg

Edited by UK-Saffa

• 3 weeks later...

Cut shifters for further savings?

45011768_10156639517420429_4083546435637

No man here I'm looking for a shifter assembly and you go cut yours we should've swopped ????

Cut shifters for further savings?

45011768_10156639517420429_4083546435637

Read this article, bike still weighs +5.5kgs. Not really saved a whole lot and F£$ked a shifter completely.

Hopefully have some updates on mine in the coming days.

did a half hearted search on your thread but couldn't find some info - what do the following items weigh? stem, seatpost, seat?

As you know I'm on a similar quest with my hardtail but function comes before weight, easy to say as my goal was 8 and I'm approaching 7.5 - if a few of my ideas don't work, I might be able to help with those 80 grams - Otherwise if you're in the mood for blowing some cash on your build, numen stem 65g, schmolke seatpost 65g, ax lightnes saddle 64 - all on R2bike - my stem and seatpost were a bit heavier because I'm "bigger boned" than you and because its an MTB I made sure they were all weight appropriate