Upgrade Sram X9 for climbing

partydave

https://www.evobikes.co.za/components/groupsets/sram-nx-1-11-speed-upgrade-kit.html

R 3,395 is a bloody good deal for all that. 

10sp sill be cheaper, if you get all the bits and pieces (R 750 for an 11-42, R 750 for a Deore SGS RD etc) but the eagle will have a much better range and will work well with your existing 34. Can even change to a 36 and have a better climbing ratio. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a single dropped chain since doing this 2 years ago

obviously running a NW blade up front and a 32 or 34T rear? I'm sure I saw a 36 or 38T rear cassette?

No chain guide or anything? I want to try 1x9. Can't afford to go a new 1x10 route...

obviously running a NW blade up front and a 32 or 34T rear? No chain guide or anything? I want to try 1x9. Can't afford to go a new 1x10 route...

NW up front, nothing else.

I'll grab some pics for you tonight. I literally removed the 3 blade setup from the crank, dropped a Kalbo 34t on it and gooi''ed

https://www.evobikes.co.za/components/groupsets/sram-nx-1-11-speed-upgrade-kit.html

R 3,395 is a bloody good deal for all that. 

10sp sill be cheaper, if you get all the bits and pieces (R 750 for an 11-42, R 750 for a Deore SGS RD etc) but the eagle will have a much better range and will work well with your existing 34. Can even change to a 36 and have a better climbing ratio. 

not a lot of frames can handle a 36 and get optimal chainline (I'm one of them)

https://bike-addict.co.za/products/sram-nx-eagle-upgrade-kit 

NW up front, nothing else.

I'll grab some pics for you tonight. I literally removed the 3 blade setup from the crank, dropped a Kalbo 34t on it and gooi''ed

Keep your 34 front and get a sunrace casette.

not sure what spd you have atm

You dont need to change freehub etc

Sunrace

9 psd = 11-40

10 spd = 11-46 and other ranges also

11 spd = 11-50

12 spd 11-50

angry_birds___mighty_eagle_vector_art_by

Can't go wrong with the Mighty Eagle!!

i-love-this-dqti4u.jpg

LOL, everytime someone mentions SRAM Eagle products I think of this guy thanks to the movie!!!

You said you wanted to climb easier.....and with a 30 x 11 you should be able to comfortably do 36km/h on the flats.

I have a 32 - 11 annd K2c was impossible to stick on the flats and slight downhills.

I think if you can the perfect fit is 32 with a 46-9

I was wrong, apparently I already have 1x10. Dunno what I was smoking

Don't worry, I think it's legal now......

Archived