[Event] Tshwane Classic

Forthelove

I feel like a very clear communication that white line crossing will absolutely not be tolerated (necessary because we are all used to it being somewhat tolerated), followed by DQs from a moto commissaire from the back of the bunch would work a treat. Drive up behind the the bunch, point to a bloke roughly halfway up the field and shout "DQ, ALL OF YOU STOP PEDALLING". Then go tell the rest to obey the rule. If a team is pacing up front and putting everyone in the gutter and you have to DQ everyone except that team then well done to them, they get to stack the podium.

1. Have rules.
  2. Enforce rules.
  3. Done.  

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I feel like a very clear communication that white line crossing will absolutely not be tolerated (necessary because we are all used to it being somewhat tolerated), followed by DQs from a moto commissaire from the back of the bunch would work a treat. Drive up behind the the bunch, point to a bloke roughly halfway up the field and shout "DQ, ALL OF YOU STOP PEDALLING". Then go tell the rest to obey the rule. If a team is pacing up front and putting everyone in the gutter and you have to DQ everyone except that team then well done to them, they get to stack the podium.

1. Have rules.
  2. Enforce rules.
  3. Done.  

The problem is, it has been done, numerous times, it does not work.

So if not crossing a 10cm thick white line in the road is the thing that is keeping you "safe" while 10ton truck speed past you from the front at 100km/h, then so be it. But how about having bike marshals and lead vehicles that actually slow down traffic and make the route safer, allowing racing to take place. Or put cones down the center line crating a physical barrier.

Again, not saying its smart to cross the white line with oncoming traffic.

• 9 months later...

Interesting change in route.
No more Solomon Mahlangu.  Pickly all the way up Botha ave, through Rooihuis kraal, Ruimte road, then a long stretch on Quaga road from where we get back on the old route, boring N4 drag and then they MOER you with the Iscor climb to get hom to the Monument.